VeganTab development merging with CM7 source

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI for those using the superb VeganTab Beta 5.1 on their GTablet. Gojimi is moving away from the Advent Vega source and instead using CM7 (Gingerbread) source moving forward. From the VeganTab website:

Just a quick update for everyone so you know where we stand at this point. Because of all the issues I have had trying to reverse engineer fixes into VEGAn, we have decided to move away from the actual VEGA system image. We have decided to move the project to a MODIFIED CyanogenMod 7 (aka Gingerbread) ROM with ?inspiration from VEGA?. This will allow us to not only fix issues more easily but our work would also directly benefit the CM7 camp as well. This would give also give everyone the choice of a completely stock gingerbread like ROM as well.

THERE IS NO ETA AS OF YET FOR A RELEASE. When there is one?. you all will be the first to know! Exciting Times Ahead.

-GoJimi
Extreme GingerNerd

Gojimi also posted a clarification on XDA:

VEGAn is not DEAD..... WE are just moving to Source code for Gingerbread.... and since CM7 has Gingerbread mostly worked out kink wise.... it will be the base.... It will still have all the looks and feel of VEGAn just with all the Gingerbread goodness under the hood..... Then all the issues we were having with VEGAn-FROYO we will be better equipped to fix through source code. EVERYTHING you have had SO FAR with VEGAn has been WITHOUT ANY SOURCE CODE for the ROM (all reverse engineered) Imagine what's in store when I get my hands on source.

Just wanted to clarify things.

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it means good things. I'm pretty happy with Vegan beta 5.1 for the moment, but do wonder about how compatible it will be going forward, particularly if new apps will be compatible. Gingerbread would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair