VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.0.0 RC1

sinic

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but how long did the first reboot after flashing this take for y'all?

I've been watching the birds sit there for about 10 minutes now. I know they say it can take up to 15 minutes for the first reboot after putting in a new rom, but this seems a bit extreme.

Am I missing something here?

sinic

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I found out I was in a boot loop. Unfortunately several people on the XDA forums had similar problems and no one told them how to fix it.

I got the clockwork mod ROM manager last night. Will that work for loading this ROM or does it not work with the gtab?

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Gents,

How many custom ROMs are there for this Viewsonic GTab? So far, I only know about the official CM7 ROM from Cyanogen for the GTab, as well as the Vegan Gingerbread. Which is better? What are the differences? Are there any known compatibility issues or limitations with applications and etc., with either of these custom ROMs compared to the Stock ROM?

Thank you!!

BJ

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Geez I think there is at least 5 or 7. Some at xda and some over at slatedroid. I prefer to use CM 7 nightlies for all the updates but there hasn't been an update for cm7 since nightly build 86 (believe it had something to do with the site being borked or something. Also believe they may be working on moving cm7 to the 1.2 branch which would allow for use of the latest clockword mod)

I then use the vtl launcher that is the default launcher in vegan because it just makes sense once u use it. So they basically look the same. Tho I feel cm7 works better and will update faster givng u all the cool stuff u want

Davy49

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,
I tried flashing this ROM today on my gTab, I have the ver.1.2 bootloader, I followed all the instructions that I could find, I was using the correct version of ClockWorkMod, but never was able to get it installed correctly. Thank goodness I made a backup of my previous installation, so I got everything back to normal.
David :-\

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,
I tried flashing this ROM today on my gTab, I have the ver.1.2 bootloader, I followed all the instructions that I could find, I was using the correct version of ClockWorkMod, but never was able to get it installed correctly. Thank goodness I made a backup of my previous installation, so I got everything back to normal.
David :-\

Im pretty sure its a 1.1 rom only.. I had it on my gtab when I received it from a friend. Then I upgraded to 1.2 BL and went with a honeycomb rom. Never looked back.

Edit: Yup over at XDA its a BL 1.1 rom only. So thats why it was a no go for you.

DJROD

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the exact ROM that will be already on mine when i recieve it this friday. Ive heard good things about it. Cant wait til friday gets here.

hlakke

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone run into the issue with apps on the market being incompatible with this rom build?

I tried the market fix 6 times but apps like angry birds and youtube show up as incompatible with this device.

Anyone know if there is a build.prop change that can fix this?

DJROD

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Me. Almost all of em came out that way. I just went to my PC...download the apps elsewhere...then plug the GTab into the PC...and put the apk in th storage. When you download it..it will actually be compatible.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Just saw that Flash 11 and Air 3 just came out. Wonder if they work with Vegan-Tab. The previous versions do - just didn't want to fubar anything by upgrading.

Site D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had Vegan Tab Ginger Edition installed but took the leap to GTabComb 3.3. It is now a sweet HoneyComb tablet, everything works except the camera. Full Android Market, Flash, Facebook, Netflix, etc.
I found a site that detailed the procedures for the NVFlash, explanations into the two bootloader branches, and links to all the ROMS available. Here is the link to the site: Start Here - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies It took a couple of hours to do it but well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC