Newbie HERE

RWestman

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I am VERY new to the Android World. I have a ViewSonic G Tablet running 2.2

Here are my questions:

Is there a newer OS than 2.2? What is it and SHOULD I upgrade?

Any luck with getting NetFlix to work on the G Tablet?

Does the G Tablet have a TRUE GPS that can locate where I am? I am hoping it does.

Thanks for now,

Ron

lotteryonline4u

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
There is Honeycomb testing for Gtab but I don't think it works completely yet. You should not upgrade yet unless there is a lastest testing version that I don't know yet. Search around. Netflix is available but not for all devices and not for all firmware versions. I heard that it works on the latest Cyan for Gtab. You can make the GPS work for Gtab but you need bluetooth GPS receiver that you can buy for $20-50, download some software from the market, connect your Gtab with the GPS receiver via bluetooth and then the Gtab can act like a GPS. The Gtab does not have its own GPS receiver.

barakisbrown

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I am VERY new to the Android World. I have a ViewSonic G Tablet running 2.2

Here are my questions:

Is there a newer OS than 2.2? What is it and SHOULD I upgrade?

Any luck with getting NetFlix to work on the G Tablet?

Does the G Tablet have a TRUE GPS that can locate where I am? I am hoping it does.

Thanks for now,

Ron
Netflx works on Froyo/Gingerbread/Honeycomb on the Gtablet. If you do not want to goto honeycomb because we are missing the use of camera and hardware accelleration even though I have no issue with it whatsoever, then I would go with CM7. Check our xda for it or slatedriod.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. I'm using cm7, downloaded from the cyanogen forums directly. I stream WiFi from my thunderbolt and watch netflix on my gtab. Love it. Great tablet. Latest cyanogen ROM is best Rom I've tried on there thus far. Most stable, most functionality. Welcome to the gtab club :)

sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2