Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: FIX FOR: Activation issues on the HTC EVO V 4G/3D

Quote Originally Posted by lilblueeyes25 View Post
    ...an its them same issuses over an over.
    First you need to tell us WHAT THOSE ISSUES ARE.

I just got my HTC eco v 4g phone today in the mail. I tried to activate it and swap numbers from my straight talk phone to virgin mobile. On the website it says the swap was successful but I don't get any service on my HTC. I've tried everything. I've tried the factory reset, taking out the battery, dialing ##......# I forget the numbers, and I've been talking with customer service forever and it never works. This is unacceptable. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyKefalos View Post
    I just got my HTC eco v 4g phone today in the mail. I tried to activate it and swap numbers from my straight talk phone to virgin mobile. On the website it says the swap was successful but I don't get any service on my HTC. I've tried everything. I've tried the factory reset, taking out the battery, dialing ##......# I forget the numbers, and I've been talking with customer service forever and it never works. This is unacceptable. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Swap for a new phone.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Ok,

I just bought the HTC EVO V 4G and now I have been hearing people say that they have problems with activating with Virgin Mobile. Dose anyone have a quick and easy way to activate my phone if I'm coming from Sprint? Should I just go to Best Buy and have them do it? Not really sure hot to go about things here....HELP!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalPixie View Post
    Ok,

I just bought the HTC EVO V 4G and now I have been hearing people say that they have problems with activating with Virgin Mobile. Dose anyone have a quick and easy way to activate my phone if I'm coming from Sprint? Should I just go to Best Buy and have them do it? Not really sure hot to go about things here....HELP!
    The activation issues are typically a result of doing a phone swap (one account, switching from an old phone to the new phone) and turning on the 3D before the swap is completed; turning on the 3D while the old phone is still active; or turning on the 3D at any point before an account is set up.

Set up your Virgin account, activate the phone ONLINE. Wait about a half hour... THEN turn your 3D on for the first time.

Just activated 2 evos the other day after playing with them for two days before switching my accounts

No problems at all

When I went to switch my numbers I shut the evos off for about 30 min

When I turned them on it took about 5 min each and they were good to go
    No problems since

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Just got my evo..
    Problems,problems,problems!
    Had best buy activate it,they done it as a swap from my old optimus,which I haven't had for over a year but my cm acct. Was still active...
    Problems I'm having are jumpy signal,radio interference and intermittently screen just goes to home screen when I am on line.
    Best buy did the activation,had to do it a couple times before it went through..and yes I did play with it a little bit before I had it activate it.
    So would a factory reset help me with these issues?
    I don't have internet other than my phone...
    I really like this phone and just want the bugs worked out so I can enjoy using it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Sanders View Post
    Had best buy activate it...
    First mistake.

and yes I did play with it a little bit before I had it activate it.
    Second mistake.

So would a factory reset help me with these issues?
    Not reading the first post in this thread = Third mistake.

Nice.....thanx for the great help..

Goto system updates and update all three choices...
    Update profile
    Update PRL
    Update software

Then reboot

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post
    Goto system updates and update all three choices...
    Update profile
    Update PRL
    Update software

Then reboot
    Doesn't work when the phone is stuck in a broken state due to a failed activation. Each step will result in a phone being unable to detect service ("X" over the bars) and you will have to reboot just to do anything else that involves talking to the towers.

The post read jumpy signal not no signal

Thank you, just fixed my problem. Now, I don't have to wait 48-72 hours for the stupid phone company to figure it out.

So I will try asking again,I'm not very tech savy,all I want is my sms errors and jumpy signal fixed.
    Will reactivating my phone helpbsolve this the profile and pro update does not work.
    Ald love a solid answer on how to fix this with out a smart *** answer...please..

So I will try asking again,I'm not very tech savy,all I want is my sms errors and jumpy signal fixed.
    Will reactivating my phone helpbsolve this the profile and pro update does not work.
    Ald love a solid answer on how to fix this with out a smart *** answer...please..
    You either need to wait for the update ,

or root, flash harmonia, get s off, then goto the "turn your evo v into a 3d" and follow those instructions

I did this all last week( maybe 5 days ago) and have had no issues with sms,.mms, radio int....I can't honestly say my signal is stronger but its definitely steady
    http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=346.0

My HTC Phone

Thank you.

Where can I find info on this update? Or when will it b released?

Where can I find info on this update? Or when will it b released?
    Try looking at phrandroid forum and vmroms, there is a lot of good info

My HTC Phone

Cool thanx for your help it is appreciated..I really Luke this phone but I'm ready ti ditch it if I can't fix it

Thank you for posting this. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with the Virgin I finally did what I should have done in the first place and done a google search which lead me to your answer which solved the problem. I appreciate you taking the time to learn the solution and to share it with the rest of us.

This is my 7th Virgin phone, so by now I know the drill... just got my evo v in the mail still in box. Read every post here. Now I wish to activate using a new # and new account to use as a hospot at home (hopefully). Any warnings with this? Activate online I assume before even powering up the phone? I wanted to at least play with the phone on my comcast wifi and see the 3D in action but the previos posts have tainted that idea. Thank for the support fellas!

Thank you for these very clear instructions! I used them to successfully reset and then activate my new phone. You would think that Virgin would have fixed this issue seven months later, but no.

Plz advise me how can i update my evo 3d when i going setting and sofywear update its showing ur phone up to date .
    I m using 2.3.4
    Htc sence 3.0
    Plz help me

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Android Central

Just transferred my phone from a Triumph to EVO 4G. I'm getting the 131 error. I'm on my second call to VM support. I've tried everything in this thread and nothing works so far. :/

Amazing that the HTC EVO V is incredibly difficult to activate. On top of that, the virgin mobile website activation option is "unavailable," as of this afternoon Feb 20 2013.
    Also tried the lengthy phone-in activation a few times, ended up in the que to talk to a person. Waiting...waiting... so I thought I would post. TY for the cool work around trick.

-Virgin NOMORE
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast