FIX FOR: Activation issues on the HTC EVO V 4G/3D

rkania

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Solved! (for me, at least)

After 3 phones shipped and returned, I finally have a working HTC Evo V 4G.
I tried every solution offered here and every other site, to no avail.
I spent many hours with customer service and was completely frustrated.

Here's what worked:
First, call Virgin Mobile technical support directly at 866-553-9807 to avoid the voice prompt headaches and delays. They answer real fast with this number.
Second, have the tech ensure that ALL features are enabled.
The reason that all three phones would not activate with the "hands-free activation" process is that it is done using the 3G signal and mine was not activated from their end for some reason. After speaking to many techs the last one was the first one that noticed. As soon as he enabled the 3G feature, I saw activity on the phone screen and it was working within seconds. So, six weeks and many headaches later, all is good.
By the way, this phone ROCKS.
The 4G is blazing fast in Chicago, and it's not really known as a good Sprint city.
I hope that this helps some people and good luck!

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Solved! (for me, at least)

After 3 phones shipped and returned, I finally have a working HTC Evo V 4G.
I tried every solution offered here and every other site, to no avail.
I spent many hours with customer service and was completely frustrated.

Here's what worked:
First, call Virgin Mobile technical support directly at 866-553-9807 to avoid the voice prompt headaches and delays. They answer real fast with this number.
Second, have the tech ensure that ALL features are enabled.
The reason that all three phones would not activate with the "hands-free activation" process is that it is done using the 3G signal and mine was not activated from their end for some reason. After speaking to many techs the last one was the first one that noticed. As soon as he enabled the 3G feature, I saw activity on the phone screen and it was working within seconds. So, six weeks and many headaches later, all is good.
By the way, this phone ROCKS.
The 4G is blazing fast in Chicago, and it's not really known as a good Sprint city.
I hope that this helps some people and good luck!

That number is a must have! No more voice prompts!

TheCharles2013

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me. Ive heard 4g is just a hassle with battery life so it doesnt matter to me if i havr it. Im still able to get the 25 dollar a month plan on my triumph will i be able to keep this even if i get the EVO V instead of 35 and can i just activate it by calling the automated virgin number and se set it up that way?

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me. Ive heard 4g is just a hassle with battery life so it doesnt matter to me if i havr it. Im still able to get the 25 dollar a month plan on my triumph will i be able to keep this even if i get the EVO V instead of 35 and can i just activate it by calling the automated virgin number and se set it up that way?

Wrong thread for this question, and no, you cannot get away with committing fraud. Every phone is identified by a serial number which is reported during activation. With the ESN alone, they know what model of phone you have.

lilblueeyes25

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
i have tried this an everything else an it didnt work. this is the 3rd phone the sent me in 2 weeks an its them same issuses over an over. they wont give me my money back even though the phone is only 38 days old, im goin crazy i just want my phone to work. im stuck an dont no what to do no. do you know anything else that might work. thank you

AnthonyKefalos

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got my HTC eco v 4g phone today in the mail. I tried to activate it and swap numbers from my straight talk phone to virgin mobile. On the website it says the swap was successful but I don't get any service on my HTC. I've tried everything. I've tried the factory reset, taking out the battery, dialing ##......# I forget the numbers, and I've been talking with customer service forever and it never works. This is unacceptable. Anyone have any suggestions?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my HTC eco v 4g phone today in the mail. I tried to activate it and swap numbers from my straight talk phone to virgin mobile. On the website it says the swap was successful but I don't get any service on my HTC. I've tried everything. I've tried the factory reset, taking out the battery, dialing ##......# I forget the numbers, and I've been talking with customer service forever and it never works. This is unacceptable. Anyone have any suggestions?

Swap for a new phone.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

MusicalPixie

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok,

I just bought the HTC EVO V 4G and now I have been hearing people say that they have problems with activating with Virgin Mobile. Dose anyone have a quick and easy way to activate my phone if I'm coming from Sprint? Should I just go to Best Buy and have them do it? Not really sure hot to go about things here....HELP!

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok,

I just bought the HTC EVO V 4G and now I have been hearing people say that they have problems with activating with Virgin Mobile. Dose anyone have a quick and easy way to activate my phone if I'm coming from Sprint? Should I just go to Best Buy and have them do it? Not really sure hot to go about things here....HELP!

The activation issues are typically a result of doing a phone swap (one account, switching from an old phone to the new phone) and turning on the 3D before the swap is completed; turning on the 3D while the old phone is still active; or turning on the 3D at any point before an account is set up.

Set up your Virgin account, activate the phone ONLINE. Wait about a half hour... THEN turn your 3D on for the first time.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just activated 2 evos the other day after playing with them for two days before switching my accounts

No problems at all

When I went to switch my numbers I shut the evos off for about 30 min

When I turned them on it took about 5 min each and they were good to go
No problems since

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got my evo..
Problems,problems,problems!
Had best buy activate it,they done it as a swap from my old optimus,which I haven't had for over a year but my cm acct. Was still active...
Problems I'm having are jumpy signal,radio interference and intermittently screen just goes to home screen when I am on line.
Best buy did the activation,had to do it a couple times before it went through..and yes I did play with it a little bit before I had it activate it.
So would a factory reset help me with these issues?
I don't have internet other than my phone...
I really like this phone and just want the bugs worked out so I can enjoy using it.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Goto system updates and update all three choices...
Update profile
Update PRL
Update software

Then reboot

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Goto system updates and update all three choices...
Update profile
Update PRL
Update software

Then reboot

Doesn't work when the phone is stuck in a broken state due to a failed activation. Each step will result in a phone being unable to detect service ("X" over the bars) and you will have to reboot just to do anything else that involves talking to the towers.

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I will try asking again,I'm not very tech savy,all I want is my sms errors and jumpy signal fixed.
Will reactivating my phone helpbsolve this the profile and pro update does not work.
Ald love a solid answer on how to fix this with out a smart ass answer...please..

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So I will try asking again,I'm not very tech savy,all I want is my sms errors and jumpy signal fixed.
Will reactivating my phone helpbsolve this the profile and pro update does not work.
Ald love a solid answer on how to fix this with out a smart ass answer...please..

You either need to wait for the update ,

or root, flash harmonia, get s off, then goto the "turn your evo v into a 3d" and follow those instructions

I did this all last week( maybe 5 days ago) and have had no issues with sms,.mms, radio int....I can't honestly say my signal is stronger but its definitely steady
http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=346.0

My HTC Phone