HTC Evo V is a bad phone.

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a great phone for prepaid...minus the signal bugs, it really doesn't get much better than this. You're complaining over a feature the phone has. Grow up. If you don't like the 3D, either ignore it or go pay 110$ a month on sprint for their service. Like seriously, who complains about the extras. Its nice of virgin to at least give us a phone with the 3d capability. Whether or not it's a gimmick. Fix the bugs the phone has and it'll be one of the best.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's a great phone for prepaid...minus the signal bugs, it really doesn't get much better than this. You're complaining over a feature the phone has. Grow up. If you don't like the 3D, either ignore it or go pay 110$ a month on sprint for their service. Like seriously, who complains about the extras. Its nice of virgin to at least give us a phone with the 3d capability. Whether or not it's a gimmick. Fix the bugs the phone has and it'll be one of the best.

Or he could get the IPhone. VM has them now.

Reactions: Kale Blossom

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude really? You had to have known it came with 3D. And if you don't like the 3D don't use it! Also guess what? The Optimus V has a camera button as well...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dgt02

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Virgin Mobile/Optimus V @ $25 to T-Mobile/Galaxy S II @ $30 100 minutes/text/5GB and was tempted to go back to VM so I bought the EVO V at Bestbuy. While I do get a tiny bit better coverage for phone calls with VM, the 4G is throttled so Netflix, Slingplayer, etc don't work. Downloading attachments and Google Play (Android Market) are also blocked from 4G on VM. Indoor 4G is poor, but T-Mobile 4G has no restrictions and there is much better coverage, even indoors. The EVO V lags a little using Dolphin HD, where on the SGS2 there is no lag. I wanted to like the VM 4G option, but the EVO V is going back to the store. You can get a SGS2 new now for $428.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever owned a HTC phone? Unless you are getting something from the One line ALL HTC phones have some bulk. I know this from my last Htc phone Inspire 4G but the phones itself are great! Never had an issue with one other then short battery life.

Last edited:

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am going to recant my disagreement with the OP - the Evo3d is a buggy device. Can't count on it to make calls or texts - I get voicemails from 2 hours ago when my phone never rang.

I know it is not a defective phone because my wife has the same device - and we both had these issues with plenty of bars.

After finally getting VM to send me out a different device and refund the difference - I have to agree that the EVO 3d is a bad PHONE - might be a cool 3d cam and a decent android device but as an actual phone it is horrendous

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I am going to recant my disagreement with the OP - the Evo3d is a buggy device. Can't count on it to make calls or texts - I get voicemails from 2 hours ago when my phone never rang.

I know it is not a defective phone because my wife has the same device - and we both had these issues with plenty of bars.

After finally getting VM to send me out a different device and refund the difference - I have to agree that the EVO 3d is a bad PHONE - might be a cool 3d cam and a decent android device but as an actual phone it is horrendous

I've only had mine for a few days but love it. Selling my G3 for my EVO.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an experienced note here... My old OV running Backside IHO ran more consistently than my bosses iphone 4s. His was dropping calls & had pinch to zoom issues. He grabbed my little OV just to call my husband in to work one day! Bad, very bad for a "top notch" phone. We have an Evo V & a MT working side by side. The Evo V is brand new, one week old. And the MT was bought at the beginning of May when my old OV fried. We make our living trucking up & down the East coast so we depend on our phones for EVERYTHING. Life has become so much better now that he has the Evo V! My MT on MIUI 2.4.20 is good & smooth. Our adult son also lives with us and has a HTC Wildfire S that I bought him last Christmas. He needed an upgrade from his old Rumor Touch. It's completely stock and running just fine.
Don't judge by the wrapper or box. Research & find facts on what's in the box!

Kamau

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The phone itself is a nice piece of work, but does have its problems. I, for one, am like a few posters in another forum that wonder why do I need to do a bunch of mods to make a product operate like it's supposed to in the first place. When I put my $300 on the wood, this phone should be fine out the box.
And all the research in the world wouldn't change anything because there are any number of people that swear that their phone is fine without any modifications. So if I were researching, I'd see conflicting views. And in the end, I'd be rolling the dice anyway.

Don't mind me though. I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone itself is a nice piece of work, but does have its problems. I, for one, am like a few posters in another forum that wonder why do I need to do a bunch of mods to make a product operate like it's supposed to in the first place. When I put my $300 on the wood, this phone should be fine out the box.
And all the research in the world wouldn't change anything because there are any number of people that swear that their phone is fine without any modifications. So if I were researching, I'd see conflicting views. And in the end, I'd be rolling the dice anyway.

Don't mind me though. I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

True but I wouldn't mind doing some "mods" to not downgrade the phone to a phone that doesn't have a qHD display/dual core processor..Spec wise its the best phone on VM at the moment.

AlexMcQueen

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
just jumping in here...i got my evo v about 12 days ago. 6 days in, it went into a constant reboot loop. htc said put it in safe mode, uninstall apps. ok, did that. worked for about 3 days. now its back to rebooting itself over and over and over....even in safe mode. i did a factory reset, but i'm not going to give it a chance. my job requires that i be accessible to my bosses. this phone is preventing that, not to mention adding a TON of stress to my life. i had to take the battery out last night just so i could get some sleep.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the one V a month or so ago - this phone proves that specs aren't everything - I have found it to be cheaper, better built, and much more reliable.

Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Are your phone Sprint branded or Virgin? Since there is a difference in them maybe we can determine which is better. I need to buy 2 of them and I don't want broken phones.

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Are your phone Sprint branded or Virgin? Since there is a difference in them maybe we can determine which is better. I need to buy 2 of them and I don't want broken phones.

There is NOT a difference in them if the Sprint branded one has Virgin ICS software on it. Stop saying this because it is absolutely not true. The hardware is identical.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I have been reading up on the issues people are having and that some are not having any. I wasn't trying to say they were different, just trying to find out if there was a difference. Thanks for the info.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
well i just got the evo 3d about 4 days ago and it took me 1 day to set it up, as far as the 3d goes its great, if you wanna have fun with it you need 3d movies, i dare you to watch toy story or men in black 3d and tell me its "just" a gimmick. the speed is incredible, and i have fully working google now. it even has usb otg.

edit: lol that was my 100th post here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21