Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Evo V is a bad phone.

Been a Virgin customer for about a year. First had the LG Optimus V, then got the newer Elite, both great phones. Decided to try an upgrade for the HTC Evo V.

Terrible. I'll be going back to the Elite and sticking with it.

I mean, seriously, a switch for 2d and 3d? A button to take a picture? Did they forget that they can do those things on a touchscreen? Oh and the gigantic dual camera that you're constantly rubbing your fingers all over when holding the phone. Just a huge, poorly designed hunk of garbage.

And who cares about 3D images anyway? Lame. Waste of $300. I'm returning mine after a day of having it. There is a reason they have a ton of these left over with the Sprint logo still on them. Nobody wanted this piece of garbage. Android 4.0 and the HTC software is sweet though.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Alot of people said the same thing last year.

Sent from my Thrive using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MIUIv4

Dual core, 1.2 ghz processor, latest android, huge screen, 4g and you complain about having a 3d camera. Speechless.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC Evo V is a bad phone.

Personally, I like a physical camera button. I had one on the Droid 2 and I miss it on my current phone.

I can't speak to the rest of your complaints, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to call you names.
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S and IcRedEye like this.

Physical camera button > on screen button. But this is a prime example of people will [b] [/b**** over anything.

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Is this a troll?

Plus it has both camera buttons.
    nin

ROM
    Harmonia 1.2

Don't worry man, Virgin is coming out with the iPhone, it is marketed perfectly for you, for someone who wants thing to be purrrrty.
    Thanked by:

This phone is probably great if you don't have a tablet, since when you get a tablet you don't use the phone for anything else but calling and free hotspot to connect with your tablet. The main selling point is the big *** screen, this is probably the minimum size screen you want to have if you watch movies and netflix on your phone. I do want to mention that the 3d is probably real cool to have on a phone though. I had a 3d glasses free tablet for a while and it was the sickest thing ever.

Just because you have issues with the looks of three phone doesn't make it a bad phone.... It's the best phone on prepaid. If you don't like it then enjoy your low end device.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
    Thanked by:
    crickie likes this.

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

Should go back to the rumor touch.

Sent from your moms phone.
    IcRedEye likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsrayray View Post

+1

You only dislike the3D feature, but you forget this phone was made some time ago.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by itsrayray View Post

This seems like his phone type:

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Do I wish this phone had no 3d and cost less? Yes. But that does not change the fact that it is a great device.
    The specs are the best on prepaid by far.

Feel like your thread should be called - elite is a better phone for me.

Hardware is nice. Speed is great. Screen looks great. Is it perfect? No. But this is a great device.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    quicksilver53 likes this.

ROM
    Stock ICS

I don't think it's fair to say the HTC EVO 3D is a bad phone. Everyone else has already demonstrated how rather myopic the OP was...

But I challenge anyone to find a better spec phone OFF CONTRACT for $300 new. It's a damned good phone now despite being a year old.

That it's in the top 5 best reviewed phones on FindTheBest is a testament to the device itself.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock (for now)

I agree that the 3D is gimmicky, and the phone is a bit bulky. Is it still the best off-contract phone you can get for the cheapest monthly rate anywhere? You bet your *** it is. My Optimus V now feels like a child's toy.

The Elite is an alright phone, but it has half the performance (single core, 1/2 ram, older gpu) and no dev community. That makes it a no go for me.

ROM
    Mobster/Buttered Toast

Word of advice: Don't be a troll on your first post. First impressions go a long way. I know from personal experience. Also, you should have done some more research on the Evo V 4G BEFORE taking the plunge and picking it up. And people might care more about your opinion if you worded it in a more unobjectionable way.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant Ghost View Post
    Word of advice: Don't be a troll on your first post. First impressions go a long way. I know from personal experience. Also, you should have done some more research on the Evo V 4G BEFORE taking the plunge and picking it up. And people might care more about your opinion if you worded it in a more unobjectionable way.
    This ^.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

To the OP author, DUDE the OPTIMUS ELITE SUCKS MONKEY NUTZ. I wish I would have splurged on the Evo V. Although Virgin's coverage blows around here, Buyers remorse all day every day with my elite.

Why the hate for 3d?

I actually wish the gs3 or the evo lte had 3d.

If you don't like 3d, simply don't use it. Turn it off!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    DG3

We'll never see this whiny troll again. Guaranteed.

Besides, who buys a phone without even researching it for at least 5 minutes? The 2D/3D switch...the dedicated photo button...it's all there for anyone but a blind person to see.
    quicksilver53 likes this.

lol. condemn the phone for 3d if ya like. still doesnt get much better than this for the prepaid segment

ROM
    Stock, rooted.

It's a great phone for prepaid...minus the signal bugs, it really doesn't get much better than this. You're complaining over a feature the phone has. Grow up. If you don't like the 3D, either ignore it or go pay 110$ a month on sprint for their service. Like seriously, who complains about the extras. Its nice of virgin to at least give us a phone with the 3d capability. Whether or not it's a gimmick. Fix the bugs the phone has and it'll be one of the best.

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by charkswitlazers View Post
    It's a great phone for prepaid...minus the signal bugs, it really doesn't get much better than this. You're complaining over a feature the phone has. Grow up. If you don't like the 3D, either ignore it or go pay 110$ a month on sprint for their service. Like seriously, who complains about the extras. Its nice of virgin to at least give us a phone with the 3d capability. Whether or not it's a gimmick. Fix the bugs the phone has and it'll be one of the best.
    Or he could get the IPhone. VM has them now.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Mirage

Dude really? You had to have known it came with 3D. And if you don't like the 3D don't use it! Also guess what? The Optimus V has a camera button as well...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I switched from Virgin Mobile/Optimus V @ $25 to T-Mobile/Galaxy S II @ $30 100 minutes/text/5GB and was tempted to go back to VM so I bought the EVO V at Bestbuy. While I do get a tiny bit better coverage for phone calls with VM, the 4G is throttled so Netflix, Slingplayer, etc don't work. Downloading attachments and Google Play (Android Market) are also blocked from 4G on VM. Indoor 4G is poor, but T-Mobile 4G has no restrictions and there is much better coverage, even indoors. The EVO V lags a little using Dolphin HD, where on the SGS2 there is no lag. I wanted to like the VM 4G option, but the EVO V is going back to the store. You can get a SGS2 new now for $428.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast