? Links Dont Start Up Related Applications Anymore ?

snookay

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if the problem is the 4.0 operation system or the evo v phone. I came from the triumph which used 2.2.2 i believe. Let's say I received an email from meetup.com which contained a link. I'd click on it or a header and my meetup application would launch instead of the web browser. The same would happen for anything containing a youtube link etc etc. A much better system.

Can I turn on a setting to get this lovely feature back on or is it the phone?

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe this feature was removed due to Apple v. HTC lawsuit. This feature went against one of Apple's patents. There was an article on Lifehacker a few weeks back on how to restore this functionality, but I think you had to be rooted.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - remembered reading that now that you mentioned it, but I didnt own any HTC devices at that time. Plan on rooting for wifi tether anyway so I will be doing this.

Found an article about it - right here at android central of all places - involves editing the build.prop file - I have done this in the past for netflix on a pasrt device - not tough - but make a backup.

Figured I should pimp AC links on AC instead of pointing elsewhere:

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-restore-functionality-apple-v-htc-war-has-taken-away-root

YAY!!

PS - this thread should be a sticky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463