CUSTOM SPLASH SCREENS FOR EVO V! -walkthrough-

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried it but it didn't work...bootloader never asked me if I wanted to update

click on fastboot in the hboot menu (power button)

also check your bootloader version vs. the one i have in the txt doc
they have to match

you can just edit that txt doc to whatever your specs are

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you have to do the s-off for it to work. Process looks intimidating, but it's not all that bad if your patient.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted and installed Live Dmesg from the market. I just need to remember to turn the phone away from my face if I happen to reboot while in bed. That white startup screen is blindingly bright... heh. At least I don't have to deal with that (*@#ing ed Virgin jingle sound anymore.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted and installed Live Dmesg from the market. I just need to remember to turn the phone away from my face if I happen to reboot while in bed. That white startup screen is blindingly bright... heh. At least I don't have to deal with that (*@#ing ed Virgin jingle sound anymore.

That boot sound is terrible.

Reactions: dwappo

ilfred019845

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys if you go to xda and check out the black shapes boot animation for the evo 3d I submitted a tut to get it working on the V. Binux added it to the op so you don't have to find it. Oh and s-off is not required, only need root.

Last edited:

RG570

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll be stuck with it for a while. I don't see anything wrong with the stock ics and sense, so it'll stay til I get bored of it.

I see this is a few weeks old, but you can kill the jingle sound with silent boot or android assistant has a silent start setting

At least you don't have to hear the jingle
Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX