Stock Launcher wallpaper issue

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I learned something new today! Although the stock ICS launcher sucks as far as putting your own pictures on your homescreen. The allowed aspect ratio is micro-thumbnail size! Terrible. But..if you download the ICS Launcher from Google Play and use it to launch & set a fav picture wallpaper, the embeded launcher will "adopt" some of it's characteristics. Including allowing you to change the horribly puny size of your fave pics!
Great stuff without root!
You can uninstall it and it will still allow you to make the changes. In other words, it will keep the adopted behavoir as long as you uninstall without Clearing Data on the app first. Easy way to fix that "picture not fitting your homescreen" issue.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I tried to resize but that feature doesn't seem to work in this phone. I have the stock gallery & QuickPics enabled. They both run at the same aspect ratio, micro-thumbnail size. He has very cool Von Dutch art he wants on his phone but it too big. When I root this thing, I'll run Go launcher to give him more options. Right now he's got his new baby very busy! His Von Dutch art collection will wait

Last edited:

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That works on my MT, even before it was rooted, but not this Evo. Maybe rooting and changing the launcher will help. There are several nice launchers out that will emulate HTC sense. He likes it.
Rooting will certainly help with the BLOAT on this phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae