Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock,.... So Far,....

Default Root Failing,..... ;(

I'm basically stumped right in the begining of the process,... Step #1 works the "adb reboot bootloader"
    It's the second part i can't get to work, ghetting the token. The command I'm using is "fastboot oem get_identifier_token"
    The phone is in the bootloader, but inside the command prompt it just says < Waiting For Device > and dosen't do anything.
    I'm pretty sure I've installed all the driver and such, and there are no yellow exclamation marks under the Device Manager.
    One thing though, I am running Windows 8 RC, I havent upgraded to pro yet, but one of the times i was trying to install a box came up and said something about not being compatable with my version of Windows. If amyone can help me ghet rooted I'd be in your dept. I've rooted my old Optimus V bevfore and put tons of roms on it and such, so i do have some idea what to do, but cant get this going,....

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: Root Failing,..... ;(

Quote Originally Posted by RedBunnyJAV View Post
    One thing though, I am running Windows 8 RC, I havent upgraded to pro yet, but one of the times i was trying to install a box came up and said something about not being compatable with my version of Windows.
    You answer your own question.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock,.... So Far,....

I just can't believe there no way to do it, considering the amount of people with the phone whom are prolly running Win 8 also,....

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't believe there no way to do it, considering the amount of people with the phone whom are prolly running Win 8 also,....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

On the contrary... There aren't many people out there who are good with this sort of thing who would actually want Windows 8 on their computer.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums