1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is this phone worth getting???

Okay pretty much short and sweet, I'm leaving Sprint (I love them by the way) just cutting down my bills a month. I want to go to Virgin Mobile and wanted the best phone I can get. I see the HTC EVO they have with a dual core. I just want some opinions because I know I will get real honest ones here. How is the phone? Is there something better on VM or is this worth it?

Thank you all in advance for the help!
    -Allen
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

Default Re: Is this phone worth getting???

Great phone and development is improving everyday

It's somewhat outdated and battery life is not very good, but I'm glad I have one

I imagine the s2 is a good phone but I've never played with one (overpriced imo though)

If the EVO is still 150, I suggest buying one

Vm on the otherhand, well its prepaid so I guess you can't ask for much more

Sent from my HTC EVO V using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post
    Great phone and development is improving everyday

It's somewhat outdated and battery life is not very good, but I'm glad I have one

I imagine the s2 is a good phone but I've never played with one (overpriced imo though)

If the EVO is still 150, I suggest buying one

Vm on the otherhand, well its prepaid so I guess you can't ask for much more

Of course, I know I won't get top of the line phones because it's pre-paid. Just wanted to know the best of the best on Virgin Mobile before making my purchase. I appreciate your comment.
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

I forgot about the reverb, it looks nice.
    But last I saw, there was not much in development....so if you're into rooting n such, definitely get the EVO

Sprint EVO 3d roms work with this phone (after changing yor hboot version, which is easily done) so there are a lot of choices from stock sense, aokp, aosp, cm, sense 4+, jb.....

Quote Originally Posted by AllenRulz View Post
    Of course, I know I won't get top of the line phones because it's pre-paid. Just wanted to know the best of the best on Virgin Mobile before making my purchase. I appreciate your comment.
    For me its the best phone I have ever owned. I work at home so I can stay on charger. But I can surf 3-4 hours no problem. When I see trouble is if I am in a weak signal area battery goes much faster. 4G is a little weak where I live, but when I am in 4G area its as good as wifi. I feel for the money can't be beat.

ROM
    Harmonia 2

I upgraded to the Evo V (3D) back in December from my old tried and true LG Optimus V, it's a terrific phone. I've had exactly zero problems with performance or any apps. Only problem I did have is in early January 1/5th of the touchscreen stopped working after a few days of it being over-sensitive. Fortunately, after only a brief 5 minute phone call, Virgin overnighted my a warranty replacement, which interestingly was the Sprint branded Evo 3D. The replacement and been perfect.

If there's any complaint, my good old optimus had a louder maximum ringtone volume. Other than that, the device has been perfect... no lag, no performance issues... a force close maybe twice a month tops (versus twice a day or more on the old OV).

And for $150 now, it's a steal.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Other than the need to buy a high capacity battery to replace the stock battery I've had no complaints. The phone is fabulous, responsive and at $150, can't be beat.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums