A couple of silly noob questions about Transferring stuff from Optimus V to EVO V

Largg

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

a couple of silly noob questions.

Bought the EVO V 3D a few days ago on sale like others have recently. For what its worth I haven't modified (rooted) either phone.

I tried transferring contacts in the Optimus V phone book to the EVO by blue tooth and it worked except now I have 2 of 3 duplicates for each contact on the EVO , what happened?
How can I fix it?

I don't see a way to silence the ringer on the EVO, I know its possible, has to be. Oh gawd am I going to have to read the manual???

Oh one more thing, folders? I want a couple of plain old folders on my home screen. Am I blind? I don't see how to get a folder on the home screen. Shouldn't work just like the Optimus V?

And my music. How do I get my music to the EVO?

So far I really like the phone although with the added capability its taking longer to get use to. Thanks in advance!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
No worries. For Google contacts, all you have to do is open contacts. google. com in your Web browser. Right above the list, there is a small drop down menu that says ''More". Click that and choose the option "Merge and sync duplicate contacts." That's it.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums