htc evo v 4g....rooting and jellybean help

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
First of all you awesome and a great help. Adamhos. I THANK YOU!!!

Me asking questions over and over. Sure you felt was way over my head!! But..........

DRUM ROLL!!!!!!!!! It booted up with cyanogen logo and shows 4.2.2.

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So just weighing the pro's and con's here with this question. Since my local Radio Shack has evo v for $99, instead of the $200 I payed for mine. Don't like having a broken volume down button.
Since I have all the files on my pc, I'm jumping to the HTC Boot Unlocker step. Can I use the same unlocker code, or would I have to sign up again and get a different unlocker code??

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I want no responsibility on what happens with your phone, the key is to follow directions to a T.

When you get a new phone, do s off before anything, I think there's a guide on android central

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya, your right it's just was the most frustrating part. It would say success, success, success and then "still sober"...over and over.

So after activating the phone first or will it let me s-off first out of the box.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I would activate first

Just don't unlock bootloader or root until you s off

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So watching youtube vids on cyanogen 10.1, a dude from pocketnow.com talks about updates. He called them nightlys, and stable...etc. In the cyan 10.1 os. So take your chance when get updates, or will the updates be stable when phone gets updates. The old ics 4.0 I was getting like 1 bar inside my house. Now get full bars on the Wi-Fi and "little" better on cell signal.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So watching youtube vids on cyanogen 10.1, a dude from pocketnow.com talks about updates. He called them nightlys, and stable...etc. In the cyan 10.1 os. So take your chance when get updates, or will the updates be stable when phone gets updates. The old ics 4.0 I was getting like 1 bar inside my house. Now get full bars on the Wi-Fi and "little" better on cell signal.

Those updates won't apply to youmost likely.

There is no official jb for these phones

Whatever the rom developer includes is up to them....generally speaking you won't get too many updates, and if the dev puts an update out, you will most likely need to reflash to apply updates

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
By no means is this a deal breaker for cyan 10.1. But my led at top of phone shows "green" and battery is only at 90%. Never turned green before it got to 100%. This is on my pc/usb connected.

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Seeing a video on youtube on tips for the cyanogen mod 10.1, a dude is running an app called "no frills cpu", setting cpu clock speeds. Will this make my phone crash more using this app. Any apps you can that may work better then this no frills cpu, make my phone run fast......BUT STABLE.

Tigerstv44

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My disclaimer will follow the posts from first time, and keep questions down.

But................Fed Ex arrived with new HTC EVO 4G and told gotta do the whole process over again. Attempting S-Off step first after activation, which it is. But couple small questions. Can I use the same files from mini sdk or best to start over with all. When did the control bear, it changed the Hbot from 1.57 to 1.50. That will happen again i'm guessing.

I am following the newbies guide that used the first time. I'm after the same goal to change to Jelly Bean rom again. Thanks!!!

Joe Dick

May 24, 2013
Visit site
root of all evo ...

everything works hd camera+lots more, MMS, hotspot, 100%+.

hint. starts with radio, hboot, ect...
slim bean
flash MMS update.

may have to wire trick. be careful. original evo lost while not following rules. have plenty of parts to swap I guess. ):(

Attachments

• SlimRom MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
root of all evo ...

everything works hd camera+lots more, MMS, hotspot, 100%+.

hint. starts with radio, hboot, ect...
slim bean
flash MMS update.

may have to wire trick. be careful. original evo lost while not following rules. have plenty of parts to swap I guess. ):(

You should really post a link to the dev site/original post

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

steveazusa

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi im rooted on a stock rom with s-on and hboot unlocked I'm trying to apply the ota update i flashed the stock recovery and when I try applying the update i get a red triangle with an exclamation mark! I need help what am i doing wrong I'm on the verge of tossing this phone for the galaxy s2!