EVO V (3D) - No 3g or 4g service

jeremyrl

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have an HTC Evo V and a few days ago my 3g and 4g services stopped working. I am able to connect ONLY to my facebook app but I cannot browse the web, download apps or mms, or access any other web-related apps. I am able to connect to the internet via wifi just fine, though. I also traveled around town to different counties and I work in a different state and it doesn't work anywhere. I called customer service and they had me:

1. turned off/on phone
2. They "refreshed" my phone
3. Updated my profile and prl
4. Ran diagnostic check on the network in my areas - I have great coverage.
5. Had me open "My Account" and run a 3g and 4g test but there was no connectivity - However, My 4g and 3g icon shows up with bars.
6. I have no problem sending/receiving calls/texts (except I cannot download mms)

My call dropped and I had to get back to work and didn't want to call back to wait on hold for 20min again while working. Anyone know any other steps I can take short of a complete reset to resolve this connectivity issue with my 3g and 4g service?

Thank you

DannyVZ9673

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
By any chance do you know how to fix a problem with the HTC Evo 4g? I turn on the 4G but it says its
Scanning
Obtaining Address
Connecting then says scanning and doesn't connect to 4g. I called virgin mobile and I did everything they told me but it still doesn't work.do you know any other way? Please and thank you.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked to see if you have DATA ENABLED under Wireless & Network settings? Go to Mobile setting and make sure DATA is enabled.

DannyVZ9673

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes my data is enabled and Internet works and everything just that it does not connect to the 4g the 3G icon does not change to 4g like its supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol