Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

Hmm for some reason the root files are not properly downloading for me, and won't drag and drop into my chaser file when plugged in to the computer either. Help please, thank you.

i still cant do this, i did everything like you said, and still doesnt work idk why, its driving me mad

ok, so I'm a new person to the idea of 'rooting' a phone. I have clicked on and downloaded the apk file titled Ministro II. After downloading the file to my netbook, I then moved it from my netbook onto my PCD phone. I then used Astro file manager to find the Ministro file. Once I found the file, I double clicked to install Ministro. After that, no mater where I clicked within the files of Ministro - the file/program Ministro would not execute. What gives? Where do I need to click to make it work?

It will not work on my phone what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1973 View Post
    download poot for vm venture below and also ministro II below. run ministro and let it update itself and download what it needs,next run poot and tap button to "poot" yout venture,download superuser from play store,run superuser,move to info tab in superuser and update it,if you want you can download root checker from play store to check your root. all should be well. giantpune and divinebovine got this working last night off another build of poot created for the optimus elite. if you meet either user here on central,give them a thanks..
    I need more instructions on how to do this if some one would dumb this down for me it would be great its my first time doing this and im really not sure what im doing

So I can use this method to root my chaser, and it does not require a PC right?

Hey Guys I'm hoping one of you could help me out. I bought the PCD Venture from virgin mobile and have everything set up. I have an HTC Evo and I've unlocked it and have the DIAG drivers already set up. What I want to do now is get the Venture Diagnostic drivers so I could get it's information from CDMA workshop and such. Any help at all with this would be appreciated. And thanks to OP for the rooting guide, it worked for me.

My android chaser keeps saying download unsuccessful and uhave my setting to where I can download stuff off the market place

Are you using foxfi or any other wifi hotspot with the Virgin Mobile venture? If so how has it been working for u?

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *
    Ds Note 2

what are the benefits of using linux on the phone?

The root works for me, all I did is copy the files to the Venture using the computer and then ran the files on my Venture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide-2012.12.14-17.01.27.jpeg  
    Billy Caldwell likes this.

after 20 attempts on 3 venture phones give or take 20 attempts each. this doesnt work at all it always give me the same error code. your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. i can gaurantee it is not the way i downloaded the file that is the issue seeing as how ive done everything from using dolphin browser and directly downloading the apk from various sites. ive emailed a downloaded apk from my computer then installed through email. moved the file to my phone from usb connection. also with each time moved it to the sd card. and gone that route. i have uninstalled this app each time and used root checker well 3 different versions of it just to make sure that the checker wasnt wrong. and i also made to to reset my phone to factory when i tried each of the avenues 2 or 3 times to make sure there was no interference from anything else. so all in all the method doesnt seem to work and wasted about 12 hours of my life. so please fix whatever issue there might be because i have literally done everything that any of 100+ forumns would have suggested to do with a malfunctioning app. i honestly havent the slightest clue what could be wrong unless by some 1-1,000,000,000 chance i have 3 phones that all will not work with this app. any suggestions on how to force this app to work properly and not continue to run into this error 100% of the time?

Hey man, i need some help please sir. i used your method with poot and ministro, and it worked great until SU got updated(i think)then i lost root...I bought the virgin mobile pcd chaser for my son back in Nov..i rooted it easily,with your help,everything seemed to be fine until i tried to uninstall an app inTB, it said I did not have root.I am a little savvy,i've rooted several phones with just about every method out there and i've never lost root...I've tried just about everything,(rooting again,uninstalling then reinstalling,update.zip from su,etc.)After i run poot now, it says that the path was /system/sbin instead of /system/xbin as expected...can you offer any advice or expertise please sir .Thanks.

Ok, so just to confirm. Before I buy the Chaser for my son, it can easily be rooted without a PC, has a functional CWM recovery, and possible roms being worked on?

Would it be possible for someone to provide a more detailed description of how to do this? The only reason I really want to root my PCD Chaser is to remove programs I'll never use that can't be deleted otherwise. Please, please, can someone explain this. I have no idea how to do it, and I'm afraid I'll ruin my phone if I try it on my own.

Worked great! Got root on my chaser. THX!!

Worked like a charm. Easy as hell to root my VM Venture in a matter of minutes. I downloaded both Ministro, and Poot to my micro sd card using my laptop I then inserted the sd card back into my venture..... Thank you guys so much.

where do I put these .apk's on my phone, and if I cant find a driver for chaser what driver do I download and how do I modify it so it will interact with my pc? I have downloaded HTC, LG, and ZTE drivers to no avail ( and I also do not no how to modify these drivers! )

No working at all there no way to understand install the honest root. Or even install one

Neither poot apk or ministro will dwnloadn any suggestions

Wtf!?!?! I can't download this onto my phone it keeps saying that download failed. Do I need to do this from a PC??

SMH

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

Thank you so much!

... this disn't work for me. is there a youtube video some where that can help me root my chaser?

Worked like a charm on the Chaser! Downloaded the apks to PC, dragged them onto SD card, used ES Explorer to install them, clicked on Poot and was rooted...took about a minute. Now I'm wondering if I can flash Jelly Bean onto this cheap little phone! Anyone tried yet?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast