Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 98 of 98
Like Tree22Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    SO this is the ONLY guide (Still, March of 2013) for the VM PCD CHASER root. I tryed and tryed to follow this guide, but had trouble. My problem was I didn't realize how easy it was, and was over complicating it!!! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any recovery stuff for the Chaser, so this is the third one I have rooted. BUT HERE IS HOW I DID IT!!!! ((((((Requires NO COMPUTER AT ALL!!! Can do it all over your mobile 3g connection!!!)))))

    First I downloaded an app called "Download All Files" from google play. This allowed me to force download ANY file directly to my phone. The Chaser would not let me download the .apk's.
    Second, I downloaded "Astro File Manager" which allowed me to run the .APK directly on my phone.

    So once I had both these, I literally navigated to this page on my phones browser, downloaded Ministro, then poot. I navigated to where the files were saved with "Astro file manager", and then selected "INSTALL PACKAGE". Installed ministro, let it run. Then installed poot. It said "Downloading QT libraries, with a loading bar. It will take a while". Then you can download SUPER USER (((this is what handles all of the root functions))) and you should be all set!!! You can also try downloading a "ROOT CHECKER" from google play!!!


    ****NOTICE*****::: A few things about a rooted chaser (i had to learn the hard way)

    THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE ON THE WEB ABOUT ROOTING THE VIRGIN MOBILE CHASER ((trust me, iv'e looked)).

    SCREENSHOT APPS WITH ROOT SEEM TO SHOW UP BLUE. I think this is a restriction of the hardware.

    My previous rooted chasers ended up getting messed up within the /DATA i believe. Touchscreen siezed to work. Everything else worked fine.

    I CANNOT FIND A CWM (clock-work mod) recovery for this phone AT ALL!!! SO ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

    /////////FURTHERMORE there is LITERALLY no info on the chaser ANYWHERE, so if you have any, please contribute. THANKS////////////

    SORRY FOR REVIVING SUCH AN OLD THREAD!!! BUT STILL RELEVANT!!!! and the number one thing that pops up in google!
  2. #77  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I downloaded the poot-debug but it wont let me open it on my computer? Help?
  3. #78  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Followed all the instructions used all the apps mentioned but when I run the root checker it says I do not have root access because google blocks it. What did I miss what am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help this newbie.
  4. #79  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    awesome worked like a charm easy directions and im a newb
    lestomp likes this.
  5. #80  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    i downloaded the apps to my computer then tranfered them to my phone, there i installed them in the order listed and un installed them and then presto its rooted, im using titanium back up to uninstall the crapp the phone came with
    lestomp likes this.
  6. #81  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    This was almost painfully easy. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsie Lynn View Post
    I downloaded the poot-debug but it wont let me open it on my computer? Help?
    You need to open them on your phone not your computer =)
  7. #82  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    just an fyi. the default browser on my chaser wont dl .apk files. you need dolhin or other web browser.

    seemed to work for me testing now.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    When I tap the package installer I get an error message saying "unable to parse the package". Now what?

    Sent from my Venture using Android Central Forums
  9. #84  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I don't know where to download poot or ministries ii
  10. #85  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    you can install linux im pretty sure you could use other roms on it with a rom manager

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-lg-pcd-venture/207597-pcd-venture-virgin-mobile-root-guide.html
  11. #86  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by flintcustoms View Post
    just an fyi. the default browser on my chaser wont dl .apk files. you need dolhin or other web browser.

    seemed to work for me testing now.
    diownload on pc thewn drag over to phone or usse google drive to upload from pc and DL on phone
  12. #87  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by darthjello View Post
    SO this is the ONLY guide (Still, March of 2013) for the VM PCD CHASER root. I tryed and tryed to follow this guide, but had trouble. My problem was I didn't realize how easy it was, and was over complicating it!!! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any recovery stuff for the Chaser, so this is the third one I have rooted. BUT HERE IS HOW I DID IT!!!! ((((((Requires NO COMPUTER AT ALL!!! Can do it all over your mobile 3g connection!!!)))))

    First I downloaded an app called "Download All Files" from google play. This allowed me to force download ANY file directly to my phone. The Chaser would not let me download the .apk's.
    Second, I downloaded "Astro File Manager" which allowed me to run the .APK directly on my phone.

    So once I had both these, I literally navigated to this page on my phones browser, downloaded Ministro, then poot. I navigated to where the files were saved with "Astro file manager", and then selected "INSTALL PACKAGE". Installed ministro, let it run. Then installed poot. It said "Downloading QT libraries, with a loading bar. It will take a while". Then you can download SUPER USER (((this is what handles all of the root functions))) and you should be all set!!! You can also try downloading a "ROOT CHECKER" from google play!!!


    ****NOTICE*****::: A few things about a rooted chaser (i had to learn the hard way)

    THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE ON THE WEB ABOUT ROOTING THE VIRGIN MOBILE CHASER ((trust me, iv'e looked)).

    SCREENSHOT APPS WITH ROOT SEEM TO SHOW UP BLUE. I think this is a restriction of the hardware.

    My previous rooted chasers ended up getting messed up within the /DATA i believe. Touchscreen siezed to work. Everything else worked fine.

    I CANNOT FIND A CWM (clock-work mod) recovery for this phone AT ALL!!! SO ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

    /////////FURTHERMORE there is LITERALLY no info on the chaser ANYWHERE, so if you have any, please contribute. THANKS////////////

    SORRY FOR REVIVING SUCH AN OLD THREAD!!! BUT STILL RELEVANT!!!! and the number one thing that pops up in google!
    no recovery? what do you mean? turn phone off, turn on while holding power and volume down, press the back button at the android screen and bam! restore phone
  13. #88  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by jimlisco View Post
    I don't know where to download poot or ministries ii
    PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide
  14. #89  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Hi to all ) who know where i can download zte pcd chaser and pcd venture driver ? i download all zte drivers but nothing all incompatable !
  15. #90  

    Thumbs up Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I know NOTHING about programming or phones - really anything other accounting and cars. I followed your directions and it worked the first time. Thank you so much for posting this!! My phone cost me $40.00 (cheapskate beancounter :-) ) now it's worth it! Thank you!
  16. #91  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I had an easy install can u please send some compatiable free text and call apps
  17. #92  

    Unhappy Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I've been trying to root my Pcd chaser for a long time now but I it won't let me root it , every time I try to use the poot and ministro it keeps on saying something about a demon please help.
  18. #93  
    hcom's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    if your are trying to root this phone here is the 100% solution no matter what android version your running, download cydia impactor from here after that you will need adb drivers so google for Chaser_Driver_Setup_V1.2.1 first or second result will do the magic. After you install drivers put phone in usb debug mode the run cydia impactor and click start, and your done, now if someone knows how to get msl please mail me or post the solution.
  19. #94  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    Guys I need stock recovery.img for VM Venture, if anyone is having please share it here.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    So Im an *****!! I rooted my chaser!! Yay me!! I backed up everything!! Yay me. The...like an ***** i uninstalled my operating system, i installed go launcher, but when my phone died it comes back on either suck on virgin mobile screen or black with the notification bar but no options to do anything. Basically I need to know how to put an operating system on it when i DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACCESS ANYTHING!! THANKS
  21. #96  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    chaser rooted venture files work great
  22. #97  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I am sorry to bother all of you.
    I downloaded poot and minstro.
    Ran poot- gave error code 65 or 66 talking about demon? so it is not rooted yet.
    Any ideas? why was that?
  23. #98  

    Default Re: PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

    I am sorry to bother all of you.
    I downloaded poot and minstro.
    Ran poot- gave error code 65 or 66 talking about demon? so it is not rooted yet.
    Any ideas? why was that?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!
    By JerryScript in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. s off and rooting virgin mobile wildfire s cdma
    By matthewbarakat in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
  3. how to root virgin mobile intercept 2.2.2
    By nick nexus s 4g in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 09:30 PM
  4. Would liek to root the LG Optimus V (from virgin mobile)
    By droid4life2012ME in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 01:57 AM
  5. Virgin Mobile Does NOT Want Us To Root
    By JerryScript in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions

B