PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

mcy1026

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
When I tap the package installer I get an error message saying "unable to parse the package". Now what?

Sent from my Venture using Android Central Forums

Michael Olson

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
you can install linux :D im pretty sure you could use other roms on it with a rom manager

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-lg-pcd-venture/207597-pcd-venture-virgin-mobile-root-guide.html

Michael Olson

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
SO this is the ONLY guide (Still, March of 2013) for the VM PCD CHASER root. I tryed and tryed to follow this guide, but had trouble. My problem was I didn't realize how easy it was, and was over complicating it!!! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any recovery stuff for the Chaser, so this is the third one I have rooted. BUT HERE IS HOW I DID IT!!!! ((((((Requires NO COMPUTER AT ALL!!! Can do it all over your mobile 3g connection!!!)))))

First I downloaded an app called "Download All Files" from google play. This allowed me to force download ANY file directly to my phone. The Chaser would not let me download the .apk's.
Second, I downloaded "Astro File Manager" which allowed me to run the .APK directly on my phone.

So once I had both these, I literally navigated to this page on my phones browser, downloaded Ministro, then poot. I navigated to where the files were saved with "Astro file manager", and then selected "INSTALL PACKAGE". Installed ministro, let it run. Then installed poot. It said "Downloading QT libraries, with a loading bar. It will take a while". Then you can download SUPER USER (((this is what handles all of the root functions))) and you should be all set!!! You can also try downloading a "ROOT CHECKER" from google play!!!

****NOTICE*****::: A few things about a rooted chaser (i had to learn the hard way)

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE ON THE WEB ABOUT ROOTING THE VIRGIN MOBILE CHASER ((trust me, iv'e looked)).

SCREENSHOT APPS WITH ROOT SEEM TO SHOW UP BLUE. I think this is a restriction of the hardware.

My previous rooted chasers ended up getting messed up within the /DATA i believe. Touchscreen siezed to work. Everything else worked fine.

I CANNOT FIND A CWM (clock-work mod) recovery for this phone AT ALL!!! SO ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

/////////FURTHERMORE there is LITERALLY no info on the chaser ANYWHERE, so if you have any, please contribute. THANKS////////////

SORRY FOR REVIVING SUCH AN OLD THREAD!!! BUT STILL RELEVANT!!!! and the number one thing that pops up in google!:D
no recovery? what do you mean? turn phone off, turn on while holding power and volume down, press the back button at the android screen and bam! restore phone

liam83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi to all ) who know where i can download zte pcd chaser and pcd venture driver ? i download all zte drivers but nothing all incompatable !

lestomp

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I know NOTHING about programming or phones - really anything other accounting and cars. I followed your directions and it worked the first time. Thank you so much for posting this!! My phone cost me $40.00 (cheapskate beancounter :) ) now it's worth it! Thank you!:D

adonai098

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to root my Pcd chaser for a long time now but I it won't let me root it , every time I try to use the poot and ministro it keeps on saying something about a demon please help.

hcom

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
if your are trying to root this phone here is the 100% solution no matter what android version your running, download cydia impactor from here Cydia Impactor after that you will need adb drivers so google for Chaser_Driver_Setup_V1.2.1 first or second result will do the magic. After you install drivers put phone in usb debug mode the run cydia impactor and click start, and your done, now if someone knows how to get msl please mail me or post the solution.

Felicia Wilson1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So Im an *****!! I rooted my chaser!! Yay me!! I backed up everything!! Yay me. The...like an ***** i uninstalled my operating system, i installed go launcher, but when my phone died it comes back on either suck on virgin mobile screen or black with the notification bar but no options to do anything. Basically I need to know how to put an operating system on it when i DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACCESS ANYTHING!! THANKS

pcduserdude

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry to bother all of you.
I downloaded poot and minstro.
Ran poot- gave error code 65 or 66 talking about demon? so it is not rooted yet.
Any ideas? why was that?

pcduserdude

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry to bother all of you.
I downloaded poot and minstro.
Ran poot- gave error code 65 or 66 talking about demon? so it is not rooted yet.
Any ideas? why was that?

Ryan Pasley

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
download poot for vm venture below and also ministro II below. run ministro and let it update itself and download what it needs,next run poot and tap button to "poot" yout venture,download superuser from play store,run superuser,move to info tab in superuser and update it,if you want you can download root checker from play store to check your root. all should be well. giantpune and divinebovine got this working last night off another build of poot created for the optimus elite. if you meet either user here on central,give them a thanks..

Sayer2

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
download poot for vm venture below and also ministro II below. run ministro and let it update itself and download what it needs,next run poot and tap button to "poot" yout venture,download superuser from play store,run superuser,move to info tab in superuser and update it,if you want you can download root checker from play store to check your root. all should be well. giantpune and divinebovine got this working last night off another build of poot created for the optimus elite. if you meet either user here on central,give them a thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance