PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
download poot for vm venture below and also ministro II below. run ministro and let it update itself and download what it needs,next run poot and tap button to "poot" yout venture,download superuser from play store,run superuser,move to info tab in superuser and update it,if you want you can download root checker from play store to check your root. all should be well. giantpune and divinebovine got this working last night off another build of poot created for the optimus elite. if you meet either user here on central,give them a thanks..

Attachments

• Poot-debug.apk
    458.7 KB · Views: 9,681
  • Ministro II.apk
    478.6 KB · Views: 6,430

Xaruza

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This root guide also works for the PCD Chaser by Virgin Mobile. I confirmed it on my device. I've been looking for a root guide for that phone, even though it's fairly new I thought I'd give this a shot and it worked just fine. Now I'd just like to see some custom recovery and roms being started, but for now I'm happy with at least having root access to actually CONTROL my phone.

cospgsmark

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish i could give a thousand thanks for this post. I got my PCD chaser a week ago and have tried many root procedures without success. This one worked awesome.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if staff could get the pcd venture a section of its own? I know its an off brand but root is achieved and this device should be able to run some decent roms. Or at the least sticky topic so venture owners can find info on root. Thanks :)

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
awesome. glad to see its been tested on the chaser also. giantpune and divinebovine did good work with this one. so far poot works on three current vm devices. the optimus elite (seperate apk set),the vm venture and the chaser.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
shot in the dark, theres a merhod for getting the msl off of the optimus elite that may help you gain yours. ill post some info and links on it tomorrow.

gnote199

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
download poot for vm venture below and also ministro II below. run ministro and let it update itself and download what it needs,next run poot and tap button to "poot" yout venture,download superuser from play store,run superuser,move to info tab in superuser and update it,if you want you can download root checker from play store to check your root. all should be well. giantpune and divinebovine got this working last night off another build of poot created for the optimus elite. if you meet either user here on central,give them a thanks..

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i dont know why it wont work with your paticular chaser,a number of chaser owners report it as working. all i can suggest is to try it again.

ctcohron

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For those rooting your VM Chaser, follow these steps if the above steps do not work for you. I had to do it this way to root my Chaser.

1) Download the 2 files from the OP.
2) Place them on your SD card. (make sure to remember where you put them)
3) Put SD card in phone and turn on.
4) From Play Store install ES File Explorer
5) Goto Settings -> Applications and make sure Unknown Sources is checked.
6) Open ES File Explorer
7) Navigate to the path you placed Ministro and Poot.
8) Install Misistro (will not show up in app drawer but is installed)
9) Install Poot
(I restarted my phone here because of the installation)
10) From Play Store install Super User. (MUST be Super User, NOT Super SU)
(If space is an issue for install you can at this point remove ES File Explorer)
11) Run Poot
12) Click Poot (you might get an error message, but it worked)
13) Restart phone and uninstall Ministro and Poot
14) Enjoy your rooted VM Chaser :)

Last edited:

dibblebill

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to find a root for this for the week I've had it since my HTC broke. I'm so grateful it came with so little bloatware from the get-go, but want to be able to integrate all the app updates to ROM... Great phone for 80USD

ctcohron

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank! This works great for the chaser, my next question is what bloatware can be removed on this phone

All the VM apks can safely be removed including Id, and the one with the thumbprint logo. (I forgot to documents the apps I removed)
Google's Movie app and book app. (Really who would use them on this phone anyways)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37