Now available on VM site

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
It may be that it will work with new "accounts"-- ie- it may be possible to start a new account, and qualify- and then transfer the phone to your existing account. This was being speculated about at techbargains.com this afternoon. Been tied up in mtgs all night so I haven't browsed since theafternoon for any reports of exiting users who have forged ahead successfully. If I had $160 on hand, I would have ordered it and reported back-- but I'm broke! Being broke , I'll still be happy I managed to get the V.

Code BB20 works great, just don't sign in...

The OS is very nice. Compared to OV;

1) Has a notification LED and it can be turned on and off from the settings. It blinks about 2 second on and 10 seconds off.

2) Only the power switch turns on the phone unlike OV.

3) Wifi hotspot does not work. As soon as the hotspot is turned on, 3G shuts off.

4) Gingerbreak rooting does not work.

5) Comes with 2G micro SD card. 178MB internal free space after boot up.

6) Comes with an old version Swype (2.72)

7) USB port has a cover and it's on the left side below the sliding keyboard.

8) Does not have a dedicated Voice Search button.

9) Camera is a bit fuzzier than OV and takes a wider angle shots than OV.

10) Battery is slightly larger (1540 vs 1500 mAH)

11) Battery usage is similar to OV. Signal strengh is slightly better than OV.

That's all I can think of. Someone needs to come up with a root method.

Vol & power buttons have also moved. Also OV battery will not fit into the OS without modification.

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
i just ordered mine 4 hours ago im so excited i just brought it using paypal and i didnt have to sign in i used the BRB20 so try it it came to 168.00 including tax

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the notification LED has the ability to change colors? I know apps like GoSMS has an option to enable the notification LED and you can select which color etc. Is this only limited to green and red? And does anybody know WHERE the LED is located on the phone? Is it under the speaker grill? Just trying to decide weather to get the Slider or the Triumph. I might be going with the Slider for the QWERTY keyboard.

oatflake

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the notification LED has the ability to change colors? I know apps like GoSMS has an option to enable the notification LED and you can select which color etc. Is this only limited to green and red? And does anybody know WHERE the LED is located on the phone? Is it under the speaker grill? Just trying to decide weather to get the Slider or the Triumph. I might be going with the Slider for the QWERTY keyboard.

The notification LED is on the front face, upper left corner hidden among the black bezel. It's to the left of the ear piece speaker grill. You can't tell it's there if it's not on, and it only glows two colors - a very faint green and a brighter red.

The red color is used for charging, and the green light can be used for notifications. If you try to tell your application to use some other color besides white or green, the light just won't turn on. I tried it with K-9 Mail and the only way I can see the light is to set it to "white" and only then it shows up as green.

It's so faint, I have a hard time seeing it in bright daylight. Indoors it's fine, but it certainly won't get my attention unless I'm looking for it.

It's a great phone, by the way. Just don't get it for the LED notification. It's okay, but others are better and brighter.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The notification LED is on the front face, upper left corner hidden among the black bezel. It's to the left of the ear piece speaker grill. You can't tell it's there if it's not on, and it only glows two colors - a very faint green and a brighter red.

The red color is used for charging, and the green light can be used for notifications. If you try to tell your application to use some other color besides white or green, the light just won't turn on. I tried it with K-9 Mail and the only way I can see the light is to set it to "white" and only then it shows up as green.

It's so faint, I have a hard time seeing it in bright daylight. Indoors it's fine, but it certainly won't get my attention unless I'm looking for it.

It's a great phone, by the way. Just don't get it for the LED notification. It's okay, but others are better and brighter.

Thank you. So is the LED that is already installed for notifications only made to use 2 colors? Is that a hardware limitation or could some custom roms be able to make it change to different colors?

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody actually use the slider keyboard, I thought that would be a good feature, its why I bought it over the OV.. I either forget its there, or I am too lazy to pull it out.. Just being patient waiting on the CM7 ROM Bobzhome is doing.. One of us is going to have to learn how to cook up ROMs.. any suggestions..

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anybody actually use the slider keyboard, I thought that would be a good feature, its why I bought it over the OV.. I either forget its there, or I am too lazy to pull it out.. Just being patient waiting on the CM7 ROM Bobzhome is doing.. One of us is going to have to learn how to cook up ROMs.. any suggestions..

I don't own the phone yet but how could you possibly forget the keyboard is there :p? The added weight and bigger size difference would right away make me remember there's a keyboard.

oatflake

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. So is the LED that is already installed for notifications only made to use 2 colors? Is that a hardware limitation or could some custom roms be able to make it change to different colors?

To my eyes it looks like they simply installed two mono-color LEDs inside the case and the red one is slightly better aligned with the hole than the green one. So I doubt very much that it can be made to change colors. The K-9 software already attempts to do so, using the standard Android LED interfaces so I'm pretty sure no ROM will be able to pull out anything differently.

oatflake

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

I *love* the keyboard. It's so painful for me to type using the on-screen keyboard! I don't even bother to slide my finger to unlock the screen - out of the pocket it comes and I slide the keyboard open to landscape mode and start tapping away!

I am looking forward to the CM7 ROM, but I'm in no hurry. I've been quite happy with the stock kernel and rom that Virgin loaded on this device this go-around. It's not like it was with the Intercept where you needed a modified kernel just to make the device responsive.

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just have to get used to having the slide out keyboard, I have been using the onscreen keyboard for so long, that I forget that we have another keyboard.. I noticed the OV has a Ice Cream Sandwich themed rom already. Not sure if its just theme, or some of the features.. That intercept sounds like a horror story, I almost bought it when it came out, but the OV came out right when I was going to buy it, thank god.. If I can get some free time, I will try to look into keeping CM7 updated if BobZhome cant... I know where some tutorials are at for configuring roms.. I just need the time to do this..

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I built a rom, but not sure it will boot...I don't own the phone YET, so I can't personal test it.
Anyone that what's to test it, send me a pm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress