Problems with this phone?
11-22-2011 01:08 AM
- Anyone who has already bought the OS, have you had any problems with it? I ask because when the moto triumph debuted, it was simply plagued with problems. Bluetooth disconnecting, GPS would take forever to get a lock, unresponsive buttons, light leaking from behind the screen.
How is the slider compared to the triumph? how is the slider compared to the optimus v? any drawbacks that really take away from the user experience?
I expect the slider to be far greater than the triumph for the fact it ships with gingerbread and not froyo.
But please, post your experiences so far. I really want to get the slider, but if it has any significant problems I'm not going to drop $200 for it.10-23-2011 11:27 PM
- I agree. A large amount of Motorola Triumphs were plagued with problems but unfortunately, I have a feeling that the OS is also another hit and miss. I had purchased a OS the other day and the touch response is not as fluid as my OV. While scrolling slowly, it would scroll in steps instead of one continuous flow. I returned it for another because I had assumed that this was a malfunction but whenever I attempt to use the on-screen keyboard, the touch response continues to give me problems. It is disappointing because I was so excited purchasing the device and the OS is far greater than the OV but this is unacceptable for a new $200 device. I am negotiating on whether or not I should purchase a Motorola Triumph since the device has more support and also considering the fact that it is the fastest device available on Virgin Mobile. It is better than taking a risk exchanging it for another malfunctioning OS. I did ask in another thread if whether or not this problem could be related to the stock ROM and Kernel and hopefully, this is the case.10-30-2011 10:08 PM
- I've been using my OS for a few days now and it's been a way better experience than the Samsung Intercept, but I suppose that wasn't too difficult. Rooting has been easy, and right now I'm getting just over 18 hours of use on my second charge. The first charge was the usual, 5-6 hours because it had bogus battery stats, but upon charging up overnight (leave the phone off!) then removing batterystats.bin and running it down, I got more than enough to get me through the day. I'd say it's slightly better than what I got on my Intercept, and that was after I rooted it with Crappy Kernel v1.5 which improved things.
I'm excited to see how this phone will get when some custom ROMs get built for it!10-31-2011 11:14 AM
- I'm coming off of froyo on HTC Hero on Sprint...been on VM using OS for 4 days now. I love this phone, but it may be the software i like more. I dont like the virtual qwerty and it took awhile to remembr it slides out because it doesnt feel like a slider to me. I've used my wife's samsung something (intercept?) that slides out on the sprint network and never liked it. This keyboard is large and I'm a dude with some bigger fingers and I dont find that I have any issues with the size of the KB.
having said all that, I really want to root this thing and push ICS and really start playing around...also, they have a bgb20 offer code that gives you 20% off right now, so I only paid $160 rather than $200 (u will need to confirm i think this is what i used) ...
Battery seems reasonable...first day i didnt use it much and ran down battery to 10% mostly due to standby and general waiting around after 36 hours...oh and its smooth...just the way things work/intuit, its just a smoother experience thus far...11-09-2011 12:39 PM
- I owned the Triumph as my first Android powered phone... I loved it until I began to realize the true turd it was/is.
I gave up and bought the OS. I LOVE it.
No problems at all.... except that when using a lot of data traffic over wifi, the connection constantly drops and reconnects, and continues over and over.. it eventually won't connect to my home wifi at all unless I reboot.
I did some research, and found it may have to do with my router password settings being set to WPA2. Considering this is my home network and many others use the router, I did not attempt to mess with the settings. I mainly stick to 3G, the speed is decent enough for me.
Back to the main question... Yes, this phone is better than the Triumph; and in my eyes, worth the money.11-13-2011 07:38 PM
- KSmithInNY#winningI originally bought my girlfriend a Motorola Triumph and we were so disappointed in it, i bought the slider for her the day it came out. I think we had every single documented problem with the triumph and even some that were unique. Plus my history with the original optimus phones made kind of a no brainer when this came out
LG Optimus Slider > Motorola Triumph11-14-2011 07:57 AM
- Could just be a defect phone you have. I've had the slider since it came out and nothing like that has happened with me. Could just be your connected to your data too much. That's what happened when I had the optimus v. Problem was solved once I learned to disconnect from data when not using data. Also saved on a battery a lot. And also no issues with the phone using hydros gelato rom same with drews gingerkernel build. Amazing device, especially with the mods from them.
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk11-22-2011 01:08 AM
- LG Android Phones
- More LG Phones
- LG Optimus Series
- Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider
Problems with this phone?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD