is there a rom in the making?

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BobZhome has posted that he is working on porting CM7.

I have tried BobZ's stuff and it's awesome. On the IHO wiki, he has like 3 ROMs out and was the first to supercharge the V ROM. If no other devs show interest, BobZ working on this is more than enough.

varpness

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried the ROM and right now it won't install. BobZhome said he doesn't have any ideas about what's wrong at the moment. So no, right now, as far as I know, there is nothing being done.

It is my understanding that BobZhome doesn't have a Slider so I can see why he's kind of stuck. My guess is that once he has one in hand, the development will proceed.

I can't speak for him though, so if there is something I've said that is incorrect, I apologize. I'm very grateful that BobZhome is trying to get something put together for us, but I don't think it hurts that he and others are seeing how eager we are for a nice rom for this.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I just reorganized my build setup...
The first build was based on a thunderc board, but after some research I found out this phone is not like my Optiums V...this phone has a gelato board.
If everything goes well, I'll have another test build tomorrow.

If anyone wants to help with the development of this phone, my work is public...it's located here: https://github.com/BobZhome

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There is def some development being done. You have one ROM atm and much more development to come if Team Hydro has anything to say about it! :cool:

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait until a CM7 build comes out for this phone... my last phone (motorola triumph) was a failure, I got rid of that and couldn't be happier with the slider. Is this phone easier to tweak with than the triumph was? I know devs were having all kinds of problems trying to release a stable version of CM7 for it.