Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    LG VM701_GELATO 11-28

Default is there a rom in the making?

searching the crap out of this internet, found nothing about rom development for this phone. so did someone start or what?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Re: is there a rom in the making?

BobZhome has posted that he is working on porting CM7.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    LG VM701_GELATO 11-28

nice. its good to know someone is working on it

Quote Originally Posted by csrow View Post
    BobZhome has posted that he is working on porting CM7.
    I have tried BobZ's stuff and it's awesome. On the IHO wiki, he has like 3 ROMs out and was the first to supercharge the V ROM. If no other devs show interest, BobZ working on this is more than enough.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    LG VM701_GELATO 11-28

do you know the progress of the rom?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmar4life View Post
    do you know the progress of the rom?
    If you are willing to be a guinea pig, pm BobZhome and be a tester for his rom.

I tried the ROM and right now it won't install. BobZhome said he doesn't have any ideas about what's wrong at the moment. So no, right now, as far as I know, there is nothing being done.

It is my understanding that BobZhome doesn't have a Slider so I can see why he's kind of stuck. My guess is that once he has one in hand, the development will proceed.

I can't speak for him though, so if there is something I've said that is incorrect, I apologize. I'm very grateful that BobZhome is trying to get something put together for us, but I don't think it hurts that he and others are seeing how eager we are for a nice rom for this.

ROM
    CM9/10

I just reorganized my build setup...
    The first build was based on a thunderc board, but after some research I found out this phone is not like my Optiums V...this phone has a gelato board.
    If everything goes well, I'll have another test build tomorrow.

If anyone wants to help with the development of this phone, my work is public...it's located here: https://github.com/BobZhome

Awesome, thanks Bob! We'll be keeping an eye on it. Looking forward to what you have tomorrow.

There is def some development being done. You have one ROM atm and much more development to come if Team Hydro has anything to say about it!

ROM
    Stock, rooted.

I can't wait until a CM7 build comes out for this phone... my last phone (motorola triumph) was a failure, I got rid of that and couldn't be happier with the slider. Is this phone easier to tweak with than the triumph was? I know devs were having all kinds of problems trying to release a stable version of CM7 for it.

CM7 is going to be so nice when it is ported to this model.

Yeah the stock rom seems really slow and I get a lot of apps force closing. I'll be watching this and can't wait to flash it.