[ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider

zoomzabba

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slid

gotcha.
did some factory resetting and dirty flashing just to see. had to recover. guess i'll read that thread then try installing HydroROM again :p

here's to not bricking!

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a request with the status bar for the 11 28 build. Could anyone simply change the icon colors and the clock color to the blue ICS color. That's the only detail I'm missing in my ICS theme. And its driving me nuts. I've tried the status bar+, it works but it moved the icons around to areas where I personally don't like them and there isn't an option to re arrange them. I've also downloaded the super status bar. They have the ICS theme for the status bar but you have to pay for it, and me don't find it that wanting to pay just to have my icons blue.
So if anyone could just tweak the 11 28 build to also have the option to have the icons blue and left EXACTLY where they are currently, would be awsome.
Sorry for such a long post lol.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Grab the zip. Decompile it and edit your png's.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I know its located in system/framework, somewheres
And the clock is located in a ui file. But it .xml
I don't really mess around with my own editing, so point being I wouldn't know what to do. Lol
So with file explorer would I long press the framework.res.apk and zip the file?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm aware of that lol. So my solution was to use metamorph. But it seems its not compatible with this ROM since the framework.res was already edited it looks.

Im almost positive when I tell you that the framework was not edited..... Its stock.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Note* it seems that with everything ive tried to change the icons color with, even yes, Rom Toolbox PRO, cannot even acheive the change. The files will have to be edited in the framework. Im a bit of a noob when it comes to editing files on the android device, so could anyone do a whole set of ICS blue icons and ICS blue clock for this rom?
Also same with the systemUI.apk
System/app/SystemUI.apk
System/Framework/Framework-res.apk

Last edited:

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Don't format/wipe everything before flashing this ROM. If you do, you will have to reflash stock before flashing the this ROM. All you need to do to install this ROM is wipe cache and dalvik-cache then flash the this ROM. The same thing happened to me too.

Thank you, will keep note of that next time!

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

How's the progress coming along so far? Is anyone working on anything lately or has the Slider been put on hold for a while?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, I've been crazy busy with real life boring stuff like work and the holidays and stuff. Realistically my goal was to make a ROM for my girl because she deals with my obsession a lot but she's never personally benefited by using my work. She was kind enough to let me come out of my "retirement" and share the work publicly. I've met my goal of increasing performance, battery life, functionality, and adding crucial missing features all while improving stability. Because of that, I'm comfortable taking this break because the ROM is solid. If there were a glaring bug like cant make phone calls, i'd fix it ASAP but thats not the case.

That said there is some code cleanup i want to do. No new features I'm completely sold on but i have OCD so i am aware of some house cleaning that needs to happen before im completely happy.

Glad you guys use it and enjoy it but hopefully soon others will start projects for this phone and offer some options. I don't want anyone to think this is dead because I'll add something if my GF or i want to, but i also hope it's clear that I won't be constantly updating and playing the "I added this feature but it broke these 3 things" game.

If you guys want cyanogen, Team Hydro member Drewwalton (who already maintains an unofficial CM source for a different device) was more than willing to give it the old college try but not without physically having a phone in hand to test development. $200 may be a lot for 1 person to donate but 20 people at $10 = dev phone for drewbie.

Note: This was over a month ago Drew and I talked about CM. His schedule might have changed since and he may no longer be willing. You'd need to ask him. If he agrees, someone start a collection thread with the goal of $200 in donations and get him a phone.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: xiontaz

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Something I have noticed from time to time:

Taking a picture with the camera, the app will freeze while it is snapping the photo. I have to force close the app and when I try to reopen it there is an error message "Could not connect to camera" I cannot get the camera to work again until I restart my phone.

This happens with the stock camera app and others like camerazoom and paper camera.

Is this an issue with the rom or with the hardware?

Apologies if it has been brought up already..

Slider is running the team hydro rom and gingerbread kernel

Last edited:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Might be a defect. I've had this rom since it was released. And haven't came across this issue yet.

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Might be a defect. I've had this rom since it was released. And haven't came across this issue yet.

I am leaning towards this conclusion as well. I have not seen any other people with the slider mention issues with the camera (other than the camea is a near-total POS).

It sucks too :-( I like my slider so much

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I am leaning towards this conclusion as well. I have not seen any other people with the slider mention issues with the camera (other than the camea is a near-total POS).

It sucks too :-( I like my slider so much

I have not noticed any problems with my camera. I however don't take a lot of pictures. When I have it has always worked. So you might have a defective camera/phone.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

This is my second slider. The touch screen on my first one went out after I only had the phone for about two weeks.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This is my second slider. The touch screen on my first one went out after I only had the phone for about two weeks.

Seems like you're just having bad luck. If you're ordering online. Go to a retailer and ask for one. I believe I had mince since the first week of its release and its still flawless condition.
Also I purchased a hard rubber case for my phone via amazon for around 5 bucks. And got 3 screen protectors for only 14 cents. Can't beat that anywhere.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

well i cant seem to figure this out i was trying to use rom manager but it dosent have my phone listed. So what is the method for installing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance