[ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Team Hydro] LG VM701_Gelato 11-17

Yeah. The boot.img included with this ROM is pure stock, pulled straight from a system dump i made of her phone. Not 1 single modification to the kernel.

ok
well keep me informed
this phone has allot of potential if programed correctly
can't wait to see what you guys come up with :D
who knows,
maybe a coffee will be in order xD

I wonder if LG did this to sort of cripple the phone so that people would want to buy a new one xDD
since they never update anything -.-

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

A good working OC kernel should be complete in the near future. No ETA at this time since building a kernel for a device I don't have is not exactly a trivial task, but it IS close and will have most (if not all) of the patches, tweaks and hacks in GingerKernel on the Optimus S.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

A good working OC kernel should be complete in the near future. No ETA at this time since building a kernel for a device I don't have is not exactly a trivial task, but it IS close and will have most (if not all) of the patches, tweaks and hacks in GingerKernel on the Optimus S.

best news I've heard all day! :D
awesome
and like I said before If you guys need a tester for feedback I am more then willing
seeing how I have 2 phones now I'm not to worried about breaking one xD

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Team Hydro] LG VM701_Gelato 11-19

version 11-19 up. My girl has been running it for a day or so and says she has no complaints and things feel generally smooth so i figured i'd package it up and let you guys use it. All told it has about 35 (ish) tweaks added to it. Some for fun, some for battery, some for performance, some for features etc etc etc

I have her phone setup running version 11-19 which can be found in the first post and running Drews kernel with the InteractiveX gov.

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh man oh man every time I log in I get a new version of this ROM... I'll probably try to figure out what you did to it first but still...good tweaks are good.

ACTIVATE FORCE CLOSES ON ME. I have not needed to use it yet but I can't access it at all...either as an app or through ##VIRGIN#.

Do you have any plans to release a stock ROM? If not, would it be okay if I repackaged your ROM with the stockiest stock I can find?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Oh man oh man every time I log in I get a new version of this ROM... I'll probably try to figure out what you did to it first but still...good tweaks are good.

ACTIVATE FORCE CLOSES ON ME. I have not needed to use it yet but I can't access it at all...either as an app or through ##VIRGIN#.

Do you have any plans to release a stock ROM? If not, would it be okay if I repackaged your ROM with the stockiest stock I can find?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Let me look into the activation thing. Should be fairly easy to sort out. Truth be told the version i make for my girl i dont even include the VM crap so i never test it :p

Regarding a completely stock build, i can whip that up. I'll create a completely stock, no modifications at all, including no super user, no deodex, no zipalign, no nothing, and post it in a new thread. Folks who plan on returning the phone could flash it, flash_image a stock recovery, and they would be back to how things were originally.

My preference is not to have people package my custom work and distribute it. It's nothing personal against anyone, but the development game is thankless enough, repackaging someone's custom work i view akin to skimming tips. That's why I won't include Drew's kernel despite him being on the same development team as me :confused: He worked hard on that and people should thank and donate to him too. Hope that makes sense and doesn't make me come across as an a-hole. I'l have a stock build up sometime soon.

EDIT - P.S. Forgot to say thanks for using the work and providing feedback on the activate issue. Much appreciated.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

awesome work!
can't thank you enough,
as soon as I get some extra money
donation for you ^.^

Thanks sir. Much appreciated.

Quick Update - Got the activation fixed. Don't really want to release an update just for that so I'll see if i can quickly get this thing to zipalign /data and /system on boot. It adds about 20 seconds or so to boot time but the turn around is all the apk's, even the ones you sideloaded or got from the market, get optimized every time you reboot. 20 extra seconds well spent IMHO.

slattieri

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Great work by both yourself and drew on getting this work out on the slider. Mine seems to working great performance wise, battery still to be seen as to how long she'll last now. the only thing I have noticed is that the flash player is not working when loading up Evony which requires flash player to load. Otherwise, excellent work.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Great work by both yourself and drew on getting this work out on the slider. Mine seems to working great performance wise, battery still to be seen as to how long she'll last now. the only thing I have noticed is that the flash player is not working when loading up Evony which requires flash player to load. Otherwise, excellent work.

Glad to hear your liking it!

The flash player is version 10.2 which someone was kind/skilled enough to reverse engineer to work with arm6 devices which adobe doesn't support. While it's not perfect, it's certainly better than nothing at all, and likely to be the best option for this phone in terms of simple flash pages. More intensive or complex flash tasks, like the one you mentioned, won't be able to be handled by that.

Future releases of this ROM will have flash removed but, to ensure everyone stays happy, I'll make sure to post a flashable zip for the rooted folks (so it doesnt waste space in /data) and a regular apk for the non-rooted folks, but the non-rooted folks would lose 5mb of /data.

Reactions: slattieri

slattieri

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Tried both skyfire and dolphin browser to no avail. After reading the last post on Drews kernel thread I wander if it's possible that the kernel install may be affecting the flash player

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you uploaded the stock rom yet?
I'm getting extremely annoyed as to why I have so much choppiness in animations and such and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it lol