Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree25Likes

ROM
    Harmonia 1.6c

Default Re: [How-To] Root, Custom Recovery, NANDroid Backup

I found some .zip files on the Android Central forums that I think were supposed to either be a custom ROM or the original VM ROM. Most of them gave an error when trying to install them. One of them didn't. It's called StockRootedQ-0dexed.zip and it doesn't give an error when applying it, but the phone still boots back into recovery mode.
    I'm using CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7 in case that makes a difference.

When rebooting after installing the Stock Rooted Rom 0dexed, it finishes and says: Enjoy. Install from sdcard complete.

But when reboot the phone, it goes back into recovery mode and I get the error:
    CWM-Based Recovery v5.0.2.7
    E: Bad boot message
    "recovery "

Can anyone help?

Default Re: [How-To} Root, Custom Recovery, Backup, Flash ROMs

I tried doing what you said and i'm copying and pasting it and getting an error
    [How-To] Root, Custom Recovery, NANDroid Backup-2013-09-05-17-14-14.png

Quote Originally Posted by extatic View Post
    I tried doing what you said and i'm copying and pasting it and getting an error
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-05-17-14-14.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	79611
    U made a mistake. Type again

Quote Originally Posted by rkhanso View Post
    I found some .zip files on the Android Central forums that I think were supposed to either be a custom ROM or the original VM ROM. Most of them gave an error when trying to install them. One of them didn't. It's called StockRootedQ-0dexed.zip and it doesn't give an error when applying it, but the phone still boots back into recovery mode.
    I'm using CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7 in case that makes a difference.

When rebooting after installing the Stock Rooted Rom 0dexed, it finishes and says: Enjoy. Install from sdcard complete.

But when reboot the phone, it goes back into recovery mode and I get the error:
    CWM-Based Recovery v5.0.2.7
    E: Bad boot message
    "recovery "

Can anyone help?
    That's normal. Just ignore that and flash any roms.

Quote Originally Posted by rkhanso View Post
    My daughter wants to sell her VM Optimus Slider phone. We did get it rooted, though did not put a new ROM on it - still kept the original VM ROM.
    In anticipation of selling the phone, she did a factory reset/wipe from the Android menu instead of from the CWM Recovery. Now, it only boots into recovery mode. Are we hosed? Any chance to get it back to booting up all the way?
    O no she wasn't supposed to do that. Only do a factory reset from the CWM recovery. U can unbrick her phone. Break from recovery loop after factory resetting from settings!

Thank you so much for this tutorial. Followed all the steps exactly and didn't have any trouble. One thing I noticed though is that the VM701 recovery file downloads as "BobZhome_VM701_recovery.img" but no worries I just typed that into the code. One question though, I am learning Unix and on the part where you chance the file permissions for the recovery image to 777, wouldn't that allow for a hacker to easily screw up your image file? Shouldn't only the user be able to access it?

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Press and hold volume down and power until at custom recovery.
    What if you cant get into recovery to flash I the 1st place how do you flash something then.
    Or better yet when it does reboot it doesn't loop back it boots up and deletes every program you had installed all your contacts and puts you back at out of the box status>

What do I do then>>>>>>

what if you can't boot to recovery?

I just tried to download the second link, and Google Chrome told me that the file is completely malware.
    do you have a safer link to download from? I don't trust this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Amory1380 View Post
    I just tried to download the second link, and Google Chrome told me that the file is completely malware.
    do you have a safer link to download from? I don't trust this link.
    Which link do u need?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456