Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Sith Lord

Default Re: [WARNING] do NOT factory reset through settings [WARNING]

Quote Originally Posted by admiralnorman View Post
    I have the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Slider. I did a wipe/data factory reset. Where can I get the stock rom of which you speak? The reason I was re-flashing was because my sd-card died, and it took my nandroid with it.
    Here is the thread that contains the stock rom: [ROM]Stock, untouched, unrooted, Slider ROM
    Join the dark side. We have cookies.
    Thanked by 2:
    snooty2toes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by danieljc1 View Post
    Here is the thread that contains the stock rom: [ROM]Stock, untouched, unrooted, Slider ROM
    Oh gotcha. I had found that one. I figured it must've been wrong since i still get a boot loop. I am sadface.

ROM
    EngroidQ

Lol, this is a lesson well learned for me. I bricked my V, left it in a hotel room out of state lmao.

So.... I take it that there is still no fix for this?
    I was going to give my slider to my friend, seeing as how I bought the Motorola Triumph.
    But now I am unable to give it to him :-/

I must note that I have attempted to fix this phone using multiple methods...
    Primarily the KDZ method that is used to update almost EVERY OTHER LG PHONE BESIDES THIS ONE >.<

I downloaded the KDZ file here:

This is the CAB that contains the firmware that comes preloaded on the VM701...
    Are there any programmers out there that might be able to make use of this?
    And maybe find a way to unbrick the VM701s that are out there lol
    Last edited by 43v3rfree86; 05-01-2012 at 05:46 AM.

In same boat my WiFi and bluetooth stopped working tried everything also the three finger salute would not do anything to my phone. So tried Factory reset and went from bad to worse now I have the LG logo center of my screen, remove battery and replace same deal.

ROM
    Gelato 11-28

GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

Cool Re: [WARNING] do NOT factory reset through settings [WARNING]

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    WARNING

If you have installed a custom recovery, DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE THROUGH MENU>SETTINGS>PRIVACY>FACTORY RESET.

The above action will give you a $200 paperweight. There is no fix for it at this time.

WARNING

I've made a zip file that i am not confident at all will fix the issue and not willing to do this to my GF's phone just to test

-
    - Place the file on the root of your SD card. I dont care if you put your sd card in another phone, mount that phone to the PC, drag it over, then put the SD back into the slider. I dont care if you use a microsd to usb adapter. Basically, just get the zip onto the root of an SD card, then get that SD card into your slider
    - Boot into custom recovery
    - Flash the zip

This is a test, i make no promises and it comes with no warranty although it should go without saying that, how much worse could it get for your phone. If you're testing this, you're already SOL.
    The zip didnt work =/

How do I download this file

After months of searching I found a way to recover my phone. I went here

you have to register to get the file needed and you have to install AreaRomQ 1.4 then install the zip and reboot

Is there a solution for this if you cannot access the cwm recovery? All I am able to do is access the emergency mode.

I had the lg optimus q for straight talk with a similar problem. After I factory reset the phone through settings, my phone would bootloop into recovery. I found a fix by flashing a zip file containing stock recovery. The phone booted normally after that, but I had to re-flash CWM recovery through terminal emulator. The Lg optimus slider is very similar to the optimus q, so I assuming theres a similar fix somewhere out there. Try this link:

i factory reset my phone and it works just fine...but superuser doesn't work:/

I have the same problem with my son's old phone, and would like to drop a whole KDZ on it, but I can't figure out how, as SU isn't working and I guess Clockwork whacked out Recovery.

Does anyone know how to drop maybe via KDZ on this phone?

It is currently a paper-weight!

I have been searching for weeks!

This worked. Formatted all areas in cwn. Flashed stock rom. Flashed recv8.zip. rebooted. Done.

Stock rom
    recv8.zip
    Thanked by 2:
    snooty2toes and admiralnorman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedman View Post
    This worked. Formatted all areas in cwn. Flashed stock rom. Flashed recv8.zip. rebooted. Done.

Stock rom
    recv8.zip
    This worked famously. Thank you!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Stock rom
    recv8.zip
    New Links for putlocker PLEASE!!!!!

recv8.zip file has been removed.need please.

recv8.zip file has been removed.need please.

I believe the link to the Virgin Mobile stock isn't active anymore I did the factory reset through settings before reading on it and am stuck in clockwork. Any way to get a new link? My email is Thanks so much! Struggling in Europe using the computers at the hostels

ROM
    Harmonia 1.6c

Another person in need of this file.
    Anyone???

I need this file!!!! Putlocker says it no longer exists!! Anyone hello?????????????????????????????????

For the poor soul who are in need of recv8.zip, here's the link to recv8.zip...
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks for posting the link for recv8.zip. Flashed stock rom, recv8.zip, and the phone is now working.
    Now to dust this POS phone off and see the ebay bids start coming in.......lol

Thanks

ROM
    Gelato w/ GingerKernel

Stock rom
    recv8.zip
    This worked for me also! Thanks!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12