Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Default Re: [KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v07.1 (NOW FOR THE OPTIMUS SLIDER!)

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Yep, should work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Yes

Thank you both . Great work on both of your projects. You've helped the Slider community a ton.

E:can't update using gingerkernal1-vm701-v07.1-signed.zip

what am I missing here.... It will not install

changed it to "update" and it fails signature verification
    Last edited by MCF3778; 11-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Try to r download. It might be just a bad package...otherwise you need to choose "install zip from sd card" not update

Sent from my Optimus Slider
    Optimus Slider | Device: UP | Swype 3.26: UP | Link2SD: UP | PDANet: UP | HydroROM: UP | Flash 11: MOSTLY | ADB Shell: DOWN

I dont have an option called install zip from sd card... do I need a custom recovery to flash this kernal?

I rooted the phone like 5 minutes after transferring the account, I was amazed on all the stuff that was on there that I had to delete or uninstall including "swype"

ROM
    [AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH-v1.25

Quote Originally Posted by MCF3778 View Post
    I dont have an option called install zip from sd card... do I need a custom recovery to flash this kernal?

I rooted the phone like 5 minutes after transferring the account, I was amazed on all the stuff that was on there that I had to delete or uninstall including "swype"
    Yup, usually most people want to install a custom recovery after rooting,
    they have a CWM recovery for the slider posted in one of these threads, im too lazy to post the link for you. haha
    after then then you should be able to backup and install the Kernel and/or Gelato ROM from team hydro.
    feel free to pm if you have any questions, or ask anyone, were more than happy to help a fellow android user.

alright just got my new slider after bricking the first one and now the kernel is installed and working after the custom recovery... now to find where this is better will use a test and hopfully see a major difference fingers crossed

I didnt use terminal much with the intercept because so much was done through computer programs... making bricking almost impossible

I hope the battery lasts longer.. I dont take my phone into work and from just sitting in my truck it loses 40% battery in standby that is ignorant
    Last edited by MCF3778; 12-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.

LOL, ignorant. Love it
    thexxoffspring likes this.

phone works better but battery life is worse.... now its almost dead after sitting in stand by for 8 hours

Hi-

First, I do love GK for this phone, such great little tweaks here & there, thanks!!

Just curious (and I think I saw murmurs in a previous post or two)... the unit appears to get laggy sometimes - mostly when trying to come out of standby.. I have pattern screen lock activated, and it won't accept inputs sometimes (it will get one or two circles and then "red out" and clear) - and does this consistently. The only way to resolve it is to push the power button (screen off) - then push it again and try again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. Thoughts on resolution?

I've also had it get laggy on simple things like messaging entry (txt) - and it's even crashed once. Normal? Things you've seen? Wish I had more specifics but I'm an android noob.

Thanks

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoRallye View Post
    Hi-

First, I do love GK for this phone, such great little tweaks here & there, thanks!!

Just curious (and I think I saw murmurs in a previous post or two)... the unit appears to get laggy sometimes - mostly when trying to come out of standby.. I have pattern screen lock activated, and it won't accept inputs sometimes (it will get one or two circles and then "red out" and clear) - and does this consistently. The only way to resolve it is to push the power button (screen off) - then push it again and try again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. Thoughts on resolution?

I've also had it get laggy on simple things like messaging entry (txt) - and it's even crashed once. Normal? Things you've seen? Wish I had more specifics but I'm an android noob.

Thanks
    All android phones seem to do this every now and again, a simple reboot should fix the problem, but I reccomend installing team hydros Gelato ROM. My phone hasn't lagged really at all since I installed both the ROM and the GK.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Team Hydro + Gingerkernel

phone works better but battery life is worse.... now its almost dead after sitting in stand by for 8 hours
    That's odd. Bluetooth, gps, and wifi are turned off correct? If so you may want to try calibrating your battery..

I never use bluetooth so its always off.... GPS and wifi stay on because the hit to the battery is not worth switching them on and off since my data speeds are horrible with virgin mobile "15 kbs" and GPS is something I will forget to switch.... I just plug it in to the car charger and its almost back to 90% before my 30 minute commute is through... its not because I use the phone because I dont... nobody calls me, I never text and dont use phone browsers... only thing this phone is for is "drag racing" game.... sprints towers are horrible and should be melted down for scrap

how the hell do I set this thing to keep wifi on in standby.... I hate that it keeps switching off... that alone must be killing the battery
    Last edited by MCF3778; 12-24-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Sith Lord

how the hell do I set this thing to keep wifi on in standby.... I hate that it keeps switching off... that alone must be killing the battery
    Goto settings > wireless & network settings > Wi-Fi settings > press menu button > select advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy then set to never.
    Join the dark side. We have cookies.

is there any big change on the main home screen or at the notification pull down bar? and will this enable wifi hotspot?
    could someone please post some pictures how it looks like?
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    is there any big change on the main home screen or at the notification pull down bar? and will this enable wifi hotspot?
    The Kernel does not change the main home screen or the notifactation bar. You will have to download an app for wifi hotspot.
    Join the dark side. We have cookies.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    It doesn't change any "looks" or ui to your phone. Its main perpose is to make it run better, more stable. If you're thinking of a custom ROM or theme, that's what you're looking for. But also, I do reccomend this kernel, extremly reliable and stable not also is it snappy.

This essentially made my phone useless. I only noticed 2 issues, the Menu, and Home buttons on the face of the phone (and on the keyboard) are reversed.. It's awkward, but I could totally live with that.
    But the main problem is that I can't use WiFi. I can't even try to turn the WiFi on, when I tap the check box, nothing happens, it just displays error where it would normally display connection status.

I'm using the lgl55c Dirty Alpha ROM

Flashing that ROM back over this kernel fixes the issue, but I guess it also removes the benefits?
    Also kinda off topic, but how would I update to newer gingerbread versions? like 2.3.6, I'm currently on 2.3.4. Just wait for someone to make a ROM including that update?
    Last edited by Neodemon; 01-02-2012 at 07:03 PM.

im trying to use this on my slider, i get into recover but this is what i get when trying to apply this.

E:Cant update using GingerKernal-VM701-v07.1-sigmed.zip

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    im trying to use this on my slider, i get into recover but this is what i get when trying to apply this.

E:Cant update using GingerKernal-VM701-v07.1-sigmed.zip
    Don't try installing through the "install update from zip"

Install through "install zip from sd"

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Neodemon View Post
    This essentially made my phone useless. I only noticed 2 issues, the Menu, and Home buttons on the face of the phone (and on the keyboard) are reversed.. It's awkward, but I could totally live with that.
    But the main problem is that I can't use WiFi. I can't even try to turn the WiFi on, when I tap the check box, nothing happens, it just displays error where it would normally display connection status.

Flashing that ROM back over this kernel fixes the issue, but I guess it also removes the benefits?
    Also kinda off topic, but how would I update to newer gingerbread versions? like 2.3.6, I'm currently on 2.3.4. Just wait for someone to make a ROM including that update?
    I was about to ask if this kernel can be used on the LG L55C, but your post totally confused me. This topic was started pre-l55c and since the kernels are the same I'd assume it could be. But I dont want to be the guinea pig for it. You completely confused me with this post... care to elucidate? Or can anyone tell me if this kernel would work on the l55c? I know this is like a taboo question on this forum but I am genuinely curious. And if not why would it not?

Edit: Okay I reread this for the third time and I get what happened. A kernel tells the hardware how to interact with the software... if im understanding correctly. It's like drivers on a pc... So you decided to flash this kernel on an LG L55C which would be my initial question...obviously it doesnt work. If not I'm guessing you're using a vm701 and you flashed the dirty alpha rom of an LG L55C onto the VM 701... hence the reversed Home key and Menu key. This is really confusing.. could you elaborate more on your post please?
    Last edited by jcole20; 01-19-2012 at 10:01 PM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by Neodemon View Post

First off, this kernel is meant for the LG Optimus Slider (VM701), NOT the LG Optimus Q (LGL55C). Since you flashed the kernel on an unsupported device, I can't help you.

As for updating to newer Gingerbread versions, you can't. At least not until someone ports CM7 to the Optimus Slider. And no I don't know when that's going to happen.

ROM
    Stock/rooted

Are there any updates to this kernel?
    If so, could somebody link me to it?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by numskul View Post
    Are there any updates to this kernel?
    If so, could somebody link me to it?
    No and no. This thread is the most updated version of GingerKernel for the Optimus Slider. Also the Slider is not a Team Hydro priority device so updates will be slower than other devices.

Wooooot

ROM
    Stock/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    No and no. This thread is the most updated version of GingerKernel for the Optimus Slider. Also the Slider is not a Team Hydro priority device so updates will be slower than other devices.
    Alright, I was just making sure. I appreciate all the work that has been done thus far.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast