[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v07.1 (NOW FOR THE OPTIMUS SLIDER!)

MCF3778

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
E:can't update using gingerkernal1-vm701-v07.1-signed.zip

what am I missing here.... It will not install

changed it to "update" and it fails signature verification

Last edited:

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try to r download. It might be just a bad package...otherwise you need to choose "install zip from sd card" not update

Sent from my Optimus Slider

MCF3778

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I dont have an option called install zip from sd card... do I need a custom recovery to flash this kernal?

I rooted the phone like 5 minutes after transferring the account, I was amazed on all the stuff that was on there that I had to delete or uninstall including "swype"

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I dont have an option called install zip from sd card... do I need a custom recovery to flash this kernal?

I rooted the phone like 5 minutes after transferring the account, I was amazed on all the stuff that was on there that I had to delete or uninstall including "swype"

Yup, usually most people want to install a custom recovery after rooting, :)
they have a CWM recovery for the slider posted in one of these threads, im too lazy to post the link for you. haha
after then then you should be able to backup and install the Kernel and/or Gelato ROM from team hydro.
feel free to pm if you have any questions, or ask anyone, were more than happy to help a fellow android user.

MCF3778

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
alright just got my new slider after bricking the first one and now the kernel is installed and working after the custom recovery... now to find where this is better will use a test and hopfully see a major difference fingers crossed

I didnt use terminal much with the intercept because so much was done through computer programs... making bricking almost impossible

I hope the battery lasts longer.. I dont take my phone into work and from just sitting in my truck it loses 40% battery in standby that is ignorant

Last edited:

PsychoRallye

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi-

First, I do love GK for this phone, such great little tweaks here & there, thanks!!

Just curious (and I think I saw murmurs in a previous post or two)... the unit appears to get laggy sometimes - mostly when trying to come out of standby.. I have pattern screen lock activated, and it won't accept inputs sometimes (it will get one or two circles and then "red out" and clear) - and does this consistently. The only way to resolve it is to push the power button (screen off) - then push it again and try again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. Thoughts on resolution?

I've also had it get laggy on simple things like messaging entry (txt) - and it's even crashed once. Normal? Things you've seen? Wish I had more specifics but I'm an android noob.

Thanks

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi-

First, I do love GK for this phone, such great little tweaks here & there, thanks!!

Just curious (and I think I saw murmurs in a previous post or two)... the unit appears to get laggy sometimes - mostly when trying to come out of standby.. I have pattern screen lock activated, and it won't accept inputs sometimes (it will get one or two circles and then "red out" and clear) - and does this consistently. The only way to resolve it is to push the power button (screen off) - then push it again and try again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. Thoughts on resolution?

I've also had it get laggy on simple things like messaging entry (txt) - and it's even crashed once. Normal? Things you've seen? Wish I had more specifics but I'm an android noob.

Thanks

All android phones seem to do this every now and again, a simple reboot should fix the problem, but I reccomend installing team hydros Gelato ROM. My phone hasn't lagged really at all since I installed both the ROM and the GK.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

MCF3778

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I never use bluetooth so its always off.... GPS and wifi stay on because the hit to the battery is not worth switching them on and off since my data speeds are horrible with virgin mobile "15 kbs" and GPS is something I will forget to switch.... I just plug it in to the car charger and its almost back to 90% before my 30 minute commute is through... its not because I use the phone because I dont... nobody calls me, I never text and dont use phone browsers... only thing this phone is for is "drag racing" game.... sprints towers are horrible and should be melted down for scrap

how the hell do I set this thing to keep wifi on in standby.... I hate that it keeps switching off... that alone must be killing the battery

Last edited:

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
how the hell do I set this thing to keep wifi on in standby.... I hate that it keeps switching off... that alone must be killing the battery

Goto settings > wireless & network settings > Wi-Fi settings > press menu button > select advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy then set to never.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
is there any big change on the main home screen or at the notification pull down bar? and will this enable wifi hotspot?
could someone please post some pictures how it looks like?

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
is there any big change on the main home screen or at the notification pull down bar? and will this enable wifi hotspot?
could someone please post some pictures how it looks like?

The Kernel does not change the main home screen or the notifactation bar. You will have to download an app for wifi hotspot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish