[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v07.1 (NOW FOR THE OPTIMUS SLIDER!)

eddie298

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Lol you made me laugh, i was hoping you'd win :p.

Anyways, i was trying to find the change log but i couldn't find it after clicking that link. Is it much better then the stock? and is there a way to return to stock without having to reflash a stock rom or something?

I'm pretty paranoid with this phone after seeing how many people brick it.. i came from an intercept and no matter what i did to that thing i could ALWAYS unbrick it. so its a big change for me.

Thanks!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to brick these lg's... idk how ppl are doing it. I've flashed all kinds of crap.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

amazinglarry

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
the only thing i've seen brick a phone from flashing is a radio or a bootloader. luckily there arent any of those available for these two phones.

If you use the software update on a stock rooted rom, you could get a brick that way. If anyone can figure out how to get these phones to boot into fastboot without erasing the boot.img i've found that you can boot a recovery from fastboot quite easily. Just need the button combo to boot into fastboot and then i can post how to use fastboot for anyone who wants it.

so far the only way to enter fastboot mode that i know of is to boot into clockwork mod recovery, go to mounts and storage and format the boot partition. reboot and you have fastboot mode.

I know you can boot images from fastboot, not sure about flashing them as of yet. testing that out tonight

eddie298

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
So if i decided i wanted to go back to the stock kernel, would i have to reflash stock rom or my nand backup? i never flashed a custom rom after rooting.

crazyates

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Been using this for about 6 months now, and it's been great! Only question - how does one go about enabling undervolting? Are there settings we can change or is it just not written into this kernel?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Been using this for about 6 months now, and it's been great! Only question - how does one go about enabling undervolting? Are there settings we can change or is it just not written into this kernel?

The msm7627T cannot be undervolted at a stable level. Not to mention the acpuclock code doesn't even support it.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We watched a precedent on the same processor literally come unseated from the board when the voltages were messed with in overclocking tests. Resulted in a brick obviously. I'm curious as to why this processor is running stable in the 944mhz range on other devices. Yet the gelato series (vm701 and l55c, l45c, as681 (I think *optimus two l45c unbranded*)) aren't able to be pushed much further than the 850mhz range. I still have a lot more to learn.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
We watched a precedent on the same processor literally come unseated from the board when the voltages were messed with in overclocking tests. Resulted in a brick obviously. I'm curious as to why this processor is running stable in the 944mhz range on other devices. Yet the gelato series (vm701 and l55c, l45c, as681 (I think *optimus two l45c unbranded*)) aren't able to be pushed much further than the 850mhz range. I still have a lot more to learn.

Being a computer builder and such more goes into it than just the CPU.

It has to do with cooling, delivery of power from Power Supply, the amperage also has to even out with the voltage to meet the wattage spec, sometimes the motherboard only has a certain limit to what it can process.

Its many different things really... Im just scratching the surface...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7