Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KSmithInNY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM]Stock, untouched, unrooted, Slider ROM

This thread is for the stock ROM that came on your phone.

The only thing i touched was I included su binary in system/bin and set it with the proper permission. I did this because it makes it easy to root, without changing anything unless you decide not to. I didnt include su.apk or busy box. Those who may use this to test things might need root access and they can donwload SuperUser from the market and install and the phone should be rooted theoretically, without having to 1 click anything. If you do not install superuser.apk from the market, the phone is not rooted and is completely stock.

I repeat, this is the stock ROM, with the stock kernel, all untouched. The only exception is what i noted above and that only makes rooting easier, it does nothing to help or hinder performance and is not detectable to anyone.

I did this as a thanks for someone who helped me out in testing. Please consider clicking the thanks button on this post if this ROM helps you.
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 11-20-2011 at 03:54 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by 20:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    jccjr1982 and dromtid like this.

Default Re: [ROM]Stock, untouched, VM701 Gelato ROM

Awesomee
    thanks hopefully this will aid in my investigation.
    btw,
    is it normal for the recovery to say
    E: Bad boot message
    "recovery"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by samusishere1 View Post
    Awesomee
    btw,
    "recovery"
    Yep, as far as i know anyway. [How-To] Root, Custom Recovery, NANDroid Backup <--- someone asked the same thing earlier so thats at least 3 of us lol

I think it's just a simple error and bobzhome probably isnt aware of it. I found another issue too thought that all my backups are being created with a folder date of 1980

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Yep, as far as i know anyway. [How-To] Root, Custom Recovery, NANDroid Backup <--- someone asked the same thing earlier so thats at least 3 of us lol

I think it's just a simple error and bobzhome probably isnt aware of it. I found another issue too thought that all my backups are being created with a folder date of 1980
    Ok lol
    and I have been flashing and re flashing,
    and I have made a conclusion.
    the os,
    even on stock,
    is somewhat smooth as SOON as its flashed over,
    but over time,
    even without inststalling any extra apps,
    it slows down,
    FPS drop in the UI,
    and I notice a pause in opening apps,
    same is said for your rom with the new and improved kernel,
    things are smooth (not as smooth as everyone else is, or the optimus V/S is)
    but smooth enough)
    so it seams like its a major bug,
    that is only affecting some phones,
    because its ok at first,
    and then becomes worse.
    any suggestions?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

any suggestions?
    No clue man. It's way to early in the devices life, and im sure first run was only a couple hundred thousand max, to even consider multiple vendors for parts like screens or digitizers. I'm fresh out of ideas. It's odd that things are smooth for a few, then get choppy. I don't even know if my GF knows how to turn her phone off but it's smooth as butter every time i touch it. Unfortunately at this point I'm not sure what to suggest.

1) It's happened on 2 completely stock phones
    2) It's happened on 2 rooted, romed, custom kernel phones
    3) It's happened after a full wipe with no apps

At a certain point, you have to consdier the problem may be with your perception or expectation? I don't know man, that's the only logical thing i have left in me. Hopefully someone else will spawn a new idea but I'm fresh out. Sure tried like hell to help though!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    No clue man. It's way to early in the devices life, and im sure first run was only a couple hundred thousand max, to even consider multiple vendors for parts like screens or digitizers. I'm fresh out of ideas. It's odd that things are smooth for a few, then get choppy. I don't even know if my GF knows how to turn her phone off but it's smooth as butter every time i touch it. Unfortunately at this point I'm not sure what to suggest.

1) It's happened on 2 completely stock phones
    2) It's happened on 2 rooted, romed, custom kernel phones
    3) It's happened after a full wipe with no apps

At a certain point, you have to consdier the problem may be with your perception or expectation? I don't know man, that's the only logical thing i have left in me. Hopefully someone else will spawn a new idea but I'm fresh out. Sure tried like hell to help though!!
    LOL
    yeaah and I really do appreciate all your help,
    It really is to early in the device life,
    and LG's crappy software don't help.
    well,
    I think for now,
    I'm going to move over to t mobiles prepaid service and get the exhibit 2 4G
    it's the same price and better deal,
    and far less problems lmao xD
    but thank you so much for all your help,
    and you will till get a donation from me sooner or later xD
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

LOL
    yeaah and I really do appreciate all your help,
    It really is to early in the device life,
    and LG's crappy software don't help.
    well,
    I think for now,
    I'm going to move over to t mobiles prepaid service and get the exhibit 2 4G
    it's the same price and better deal,
    and far less problems lmao xD
    but thank you so much for all your help,
    and you will till get a donation from me sooner or later xD
    I think that's not a bad idea. I'd much rather have the mystery be unsolved, but have you happy with a different device, then keep trying to figure it out and you not enjoy using your phone. As long as you enjoy whatever phone you get, thats the important part.

Regarding the donation, no worries. If you do you do if you don't you don't but none of the help i provided was trying to get a donation so either way we're good! I'll see you around on a device somewhere down the line, you can pretty much count on it.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Default Re: [ROM]Stock, untouched, unrooted, Slider ROM

Thank you very much, this is helpful.

How hard would it be to remove the su binary just in case? Something like su rm su?

any suggestions?
    This does not make any logical sense somehow...my only other guess given the circumstances is that you may be possessed. Especially if this happens with stock, without the inclusion of any third-party apps.

My other guess was to watch your free space. And...do you use Handcent? Don't. I have had massive major issues with it after installing, that disappeared after removing it.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk
    Optimus Slider | Device: UP | Swype 3.26: UP | Link2SD: UP | PDANet: UP | HydroROM: UP | Flash 11: MOSTLY | ADB Shell: DOWN

Could it be LG wasnt thinking by overclocking the 600 processor and it's building too much heat and beginning to fail over time? Have to keep an eye on mine.

Just a random lunch break thought

That would explain a lot if the Slider could actually be set to 600Mhz with its default kernel... maybe I'm over-overthinking it though.

Edit: I returned a Slider to BB so I could get it for $70 less (essentially) at RadioShack. No, Best Buy does not match gift cards apparently. This brought my system back to a nice stocky look...

Although I really really want to know how to make it 100% stock. Here's an idea, untested.
    1. Flash this ROM
    2. Install SuperUser (if this alone will make the phone behave like a rooted one)
    3. Use ADB to flash the stock recovery
    4. Run GingerBreak to un-root.THIS is the part I'm really not sure about!
    Last edited by primetechv2; 11-23-2011 at 03:40 PM.

stock rom.. signature verification failed
    I need this phone back to stock because after only 3 days the touch screen has stopped working
    I have had nothing but problems with products that are branded "Virgin Mobile"
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Disable signature verification in recovery first. Should be in the "install from SD card" menu.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Im pretty sure the issue is not the signature. I just checked, the zip is signed with test keys. Also, signature verification is disabled by default in CWM I believe.

You're not trying to apply this with a stock recovery image are you?

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Quote Originally Posted by primetechv2 View Post
    That would explain a lot if the Slider could actually be set to 600Mhz with its default kernel... maybe I'm over-overthinking it though.

Edit: I returned a Slider to BB so I could get it for $70 less (essentially) at RadioShack. No, Best Buy does not match gift cards apparently. This brought my system back to a nice stocky look...

Although I really really want to know how to make it 100% stock. Here's an idea, untested.
    1. Flash this ROM
    2. Install SuperUser (if this alone will make the phone behave like a rooted one)
    3. Use ADB to flash the stock recovery
    4. Run GingerBreak to un-root.THIS is the part I'm really not sure about!
    Would you happen to have the stock recovery? I have no idea where to find it
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    Would you happen to have the stock recovery? I have no idea where to find it
    Here is stock recovery image.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danieljc1; 12-15-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: none
    Join the dark side. We have cookies.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

What steps did you take to apply this?

When I try, I get stuck in various boot loops (Virgin mobile sound spash over and over, or just hands on 'android' splash)

I clear Dalvik cache

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Quote Originally Posted by TerminaMorte View Post
    What steps did you take to apply this?

When I try, I get stuck in various boot loops (Virgin mobile sound spash over and over, or just hands on 'android' splash)

I clear Dalvik cache
    Dalvik Cache and Cache? Maybe you also have to delete the system partition, and boot, and data as well?

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 ICS Style via Tapatalk

hey... i need to send my lg optimus slider in to virgin mobile because the charger port failed. i have a custom recovery. I cant seem to find a stock recovery for it. can you help me?
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by studentbrad View Post
    hey... i need to send my lg optimus slider in to virgin mobile because the charger port failed. i have a custom recovery. I cant seem to find a stock recovery for it. can you help me?
    Here is a link to the thread for stock recovery: Anyway to go back to stock?. It can also be found in this thread just a few posts above yours.
    Last edited by danieljc1; 04-23-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Awesomee
    btw,
    "recovery"
    I think I figured out exactly what that message means cuz I'm getting it too. I think it means that USB debugging is not enabled, which is why I can't get adb to see my phone. I'm stuck in bootloop as well and I'm trying everything I can think of to fix it.

Is there any way to restore a backup that already has USB debugging enabled, and if so, can someone PLEASE post a link so I can unbrick this POS!!
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrewsiff View Post
    I think I figured out exactly what that message means cuz I'm getting it too. I think it means that USB debugging is not enabled, which is why I can't get adb to see my phone. I'm stuck in bootloop as well and I'm trying everything I can think of to fix it.

Is there any way to restore a backup that already has USB debugging enabled, and if so, can someone PLEASE post a link so I can unbrick this POS!!
    Just restore your backup, if you made one. If not, you can use the stock rom found in this thread.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I realize this is an old thread; but wondering if anyone may be able to answer a general question. If I apply this ROM, will it unroot my phone? I am having to send back to VM, and would like to "restore" without bricking!

advise? I am currently using Gelato ROM.

Sorry, not sure if i should post here...i am a newbie. but my phone is stuck after a hard reset, and didn't realize there was no image on the sd card. could this help me out? once again sorry, hope i don't catch hell for posting here....thanks in advance, if it doesn't help, could you please point me in the right direction? if not it's a learning experience!

Quote Originally Posted by neoknight83 View Post
    Sorry, not sure if i should post here...i am a newbie. but my phone is stuck after a hard reset, and didn't realize there was no image on the sd card. could this help me out? once again sorry, hope i don't catch hell for posting here....thanks in advance, if it doesn't help, could you please point me in the right direction? if not it's a learning experience!
    Is ur phone rooted?