Data Connection Issues on the Optimus Slider

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a general bug with this phone.... It's been doing this since the first day I got it. Even before it was rooted.

When downloading files, especially through torrents, my data connection constantly cuts out and tries to reconnect. It does this both on 3G and on wifi.
My last phone, the Motorola Triumph, never had this issue..
Could this be a Gingerbread bug? Possibly a bug in the stock ROM?

It kinda sucks, because I use my phone as my main connection to the Internet... I download all my music through it. And when the data connection constantly cuts off in the middle of a torrent, it gets very annoying..
Any suggestions? I tried tweaking with my router settings but nothing helped. I think it's a different problem because it also does it on 3G.
Anything helps.

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar...but at the time I was trying to attach to McDonalds' wifi from outside McDonalds. (Let it also be known that I had about one bar of wifi signal, and switching to 3G was about as fast as wifi every time it kicked me.) Otherwise, I dunno. I have tried wireless tethering in poor conditions and it works as long as the battery holds up.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think its a hw problem, for the fact that it does it on my 3G too... although it only seems to be happening when file sharing... no idea. Its bugging me though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084