1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default New slider..having some problems

Ok, so this is my first "smartphone" and I just got it last week. I rooted the phone and installed a few of the rooted apps. I can download apps from the market with no problems, but I cannot download any non-market apps, music, or anything else from any sites but the market. And yes, I have allow non-market sources checked! I'd like to use 4shared, but every time I download a non market app it says starting download and then goes directly to download unsuccessful. Any ideas?
    My second problem is with voice to text, and when I downloaded a few voice recording apps, i got messages similar to no sd card, or free up space to 10 mg instead of 1 mg??? And my voice to text doesn't work?? I have the 2gb mini sd card. I should have PLENTY of space left bc I only have a few apps downloaded. Please help!!!!!!!!

ROM
    Stock, rooted.

To support outside downloads, grab astro from the Android market. You need a decent file manager.
    In regards to the sd problems, you should try to format it and factory reset your phone if the problem is bad enough.
    If it's really giving you a hard time after that, return it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

These phones wont download certain file types without a little encouragement. Go to the market and search "download all files", its free and published by hwkrbbt software. You can now download zips, apks, mp3s ... all kinds of fun stuff.

Once you download an apk just drag down the notification bar, tap the download successful, and chose to install the apk with app installer.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: New slider..having some problems

Still no luck! I downloaded download all files, but outside sources still go right to download unsuccesful???? I do have unkown sources checked too! This is getting frustrating

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Are you using the stock browser? Try a different browser such as Dolphin HD browser.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I've tried it with skyfire too,,still no luck. I've tried 4shared, mediafire, a few music sites..everything goes to download unsuccesful

You're not trying to download while the phone is mounted to a PC are you?
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

it is so dumb that they insist on crippling some devices like this - my OV could do this jut fine without the need for some goofy app- but the app is nice because I can now change the folder thigns are downloaded into - nice little option.

Try Opera mobile. Every one if the browsers listed so far are just extensions of the stock one...dolphin is probably the worst of the lot with its unnecessary Webzine and attempts to steal your Web history.

Opera Mobile runs under a different (better!) Engine that can download anything from even the most obscure and annoying sites.

Sent from my Optimus Slider
    Optimus Slider | Device: UP | Swype 3.26: UP | Link2SD: UP | PDANet: UP | HydroROM: UP | Flash 11: MOSTLY | ADB Shell: DOWN
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

No, I am not trying this while connected to the pc. Opera mobile(pretty nice browser though) didn't work either. My voice to text is now working properly, but I play the guitar and I can not get ANY of the voice recording apps to work?? I have the mini sd card plugged in as well. This is really wierd

That is kinda weird...I've never had an issue with any Android phone and a vice recorder... Have you tested calls? Is your media (playback) volume muted perchance?

If you send me a link of what you are trying to download, I can at least attempt to duplicate your error...

Sent from my Wildfire S
    Optimus Slider | Device: UP | Swype 3.26: UP | Link2SD: UP | PDANet: UP | HydroROM: UP | Flash 11: MOSTLY | ADB Shell: DOWN
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I was actually able to figure it out! I had too many songs in my music library....only 40! I need to upgrade to a bigger sd card immediately