Problem with Netflix

mbaha

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I got an Slider and my wife has a V. On the Slider, while on Wifi netflix video play is VERY slow, the audio is lagged and the picture sucks. While one my wife's V everything works perfectly.
So what is going on with my slider? any ideas? I have yet to activate our phones or mod them in any way.
thanks

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I got an Slider and my wife has a V. On the Slider, while on Wifi netflix video play is VERY slow, the audio is lagged and the picture sucks. While one my wife's V everything works perfectly.
So what is going on with my slider? any ideas? I have yet to activate our phones or mod them in any way.
thanks

What kind of router do you have? The slider is 802.11n, while the V is 802.11g. Some routers run like crap when running in dual G/N mode, you may want to configure your router to run on G only. Also, download an app called wifi analyzer, and find a wifi channel that is not being used and seperated by at least 2 channels from everyone else. 1 6 and 11 are the usual defaults youll find people using. Change your router to the channel you find most seperated from everyone else.

paincakes

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try an older version 1.2.2 of the Netflix app to play videos at full speed on the Slider. However there is a green bar at the top of the screen. Here is a video demonstrating this version (starts at 6:57 in the video).

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFF3GU0BwWU&feature=player_detailpage&list=HL1323057328[/YT]

mbaha

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
What kind of router do you have? The slider is 802.11n, while the V is 802.11g. Some routers run like crap when running in dual G/N mode, you may want to configure your router to run on G only. Also, download an app called wifi analyzer, and find a wifi channel that is not being used and seperated by at least 2 channels from everyone else. 1 6 and 11 are the usual defaults youll find people using. Change your router to the channel you find most seperated from everyone else.

I'm running an all G network. I'll looking to wifi analyzer, I should have tried from work as well

paincakes

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had tried the latest version from the Market (as of 12/04/2011) but the audio was out of sync and the video ran a bit too slow. I am running it on wifi as the phone has not yet been activated.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If your rooted, use a file explorer that can mount /system as r/w such as root explorer and try the following changes ...

Go to /system/build.prop and make the 2 lines below, look like I have them

media.stagefright.enable-player=false
media.stagefright.enable-http=false

Save, reboot, see if audio is better.

mbaha

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had tried the latest version from the Market (as of 12/04/2011) but the audio was out of sync and the video ran a bit too slow. I am running it on wifi as the phone has not yet been activated.
Cool, where do you find version 1.2.2?
thanks

Termina

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
1.2.2 looked terrible on my Optimus Slider (VM). Green bar on top, and a weird sort of double-image.

1.3.0 works great though. Thanks for the link!

funkmastert

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, this may be my first post, but I thought I would chime in. I tried to install a previous version of netflix, all of them actually, and I cannot login without updating even with the adjusted apks. This may be something we have to wait for from the Netflix folks (if they put any focus on older hardware compatibility with their next update).

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
1.2.2 looked terrible on my Optimus Slider (VM). Green bar on top, and a weird sort of double-image.

1.3.0 works great though. Thanks for the link!

Is your phone stock? I'm very envious... 1.3.0 is lagged for me. :( Seriously lagged. I've rooted and installed the Gelato ROM and the Ginger... kernel. With my Optimus V, the 1.2.2 netflix version was flawless. No green line and everything synced.

I miss my Netflix!! (Okay, so I can still watch 1.2.2 on the Slider, but the colors are kind of funky and I have the green bar.)

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
1.3.0 works fine with my Slider and I also have Gelato and the Ginger Kernal...but I also have flash installed on my phone? if that makes any difference??.. perhaps TerminaMorte does as well?

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I had Flash on my Slider but I uninstalled to see if it would make a difference. Which version of Flash do you have? And... what is TerminaMorte? I tried to search for that in the Android Market but I didn't find anything. :confused:

Thanks!!! :)

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah.... HA HA.. I've done that before on a different board (Kindleboards, to be exact). I forget the names of people posting in the thread and think that someone is posting about an app or something. :p

I'll try that Flash 11 again, maybe that will make a difference. (I hope.) Seriously, I contemplated shipping the Slider back last night. Then I told myself to shape up and quit having a tantrum. :-[ (And honestly, I don't use Netflix on my phone all that much anyhow.)

mattrdahl

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
dont try to run netflix on this phone it doesn't work, there are some older versions that update was disabled on that will run on this phone but the color is all messed up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta