1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight talk LGL55C MMS Help

I'm having trouble with my LG oPtimus Q phone (LGL55C).
    I had my number ported over from virgin mobile. And I also used APN backup and restore to look at the apv file and this is what I got:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="2">
    <apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="null" />
    <apn name="TelKila" numeric="310260" mcc="310" mnc="260" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="null" />
    </apns>

I can't send or recieve MMS, when I try to send one, all I get is a message "Message Expired or Not Available" and when I go to the options of the message and choose to show details it says:

X-Mms-Response-Status: Error-permanent-service-denied
    X-Mms-Response-Text: Error-permanent-service-denied

I bought the phone on December 3rd. I can do everything else fine though: browse the web, use the android market, text, take pictures/video.

Any idea what can be wrong and how I can fix it??

I've called customer service six times and they weren't able to help me. Please, can you help me.

I returned the phone for a new one but the new one is still doing it too.
    Last edited by Kniew; 12-14-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Updating Info

Default Re: Straight talk LGL55C MMS Help

Flash a Verizon Android over to Straight Talk. You will get 10 times the coverage, faster data plus everything will work on top of have a better phone

Quote Originally Posted by 4MUSKRAT View Post
    Flash a Verizon Android over to Straight Talk. You will get 10 times the coverage, faster data plus everything will work on top of have a better phone
    How would u get faster data? Hspa+ is faster than CDMA. Plus its pretty easy to get a GSM phone pop the sim in make the new apn setting and off u go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Straight talk LGL55C MMS Help

Data is faster when your Hspa+ don't have any signal - that's how.
    Easy if phone is unlocked & a person knows how to setup the APN which alot Don't
    Just my View