Can this phone be activated with Sprint?

behuman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if the LG Slider, being that it is on Virgin Mobile and from what I understand is Sprints network, can it also be activated with Sprint? Or will I have to wait to see if Sprint also releases it?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sprint will only ever activate a phone who's electronic serial number (ESN) originated from their system. They will never ever add an ESN for a device that wasn't sold for their network, even if the device is from the network of a MVNO that uses Sprint, like Virgin. Anyone who says differently is either lying or did some funny business with ESN cloning/swapping. Verizon is the same.

Some people, myself included, see that as one of the pluses of GSM networks .... no ESN's .... all sim card. Unlocked phone + sim = GSM phone will work on any GSM network as long as the physical radio supports the proper bands.

With that said, sprints prices and killer phone selection topped off by my preference for CDMA technology (shorter travel but higher quality and better building penetration) are enough to keep me from worrying about stuff like sim cards and GSM networks.

behuman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your help! Very informative.

I'm one that is lucky enough to still be on the CERO plan. Originally I was paying $30 a month to get an android phone, the cost went up to $40 and then to get a 4g phone it's another $10 a month. Because I don't want to pay another $10 a month, I'm trying to stick with the Optimus S, but would love to have an actual keyboard again.

I hope Sprint delivers a Optimus S Slider.