PRL Swap?

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried it but it won't work because ADB isn't working on the slider.

Even with the correct drivers a computer won't recognize it.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read about Sprint... you can update the PRL by typing ##UPDATE# and sending that in your dialpad. That would be typing ##883283#. I don't know if this works, but you can give it a shot. Thats taken from the wiki on PRL. IIRC virgin mobile operates on the sprint network so... its worth a shot. Good luck.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read about Sprint... you can update the PRL by typing ##UPDATE# and sending that in your dialpad. That would be typing ##883283#. I don't know if this works, but you can give it a shot. Thats taken from the wiki on PRL. IIRC virgin mobile operates on the sprint network so... its worth a shot. Good luck.

this doesnt work

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry about that.... I don't use vm so I wasn't sure. I would contact virgin mobile. There has to be a way to update prl because that's a necessity with these devices. Its important to be able to access your prl update because afaik any new towers you won't have access to. Vm has to have some sort of a solution available. I don't understand why they would lock prl updates. That really does not make any sense to me.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry about that.... I don't use vm so I wasn't sure. I would contact virgin mobile. There has to be a way to update prl because that's a necessity with these devices. Its important to be able to access your prl update because afaik any new towers you won't have access to. Vm has to have some sort of a solution available. I don't understand why they would lock prl updates. That really does not make any sense to me.

VM does it because it is a no-contract, pay-as-you-go service. You get what you pay for.

^Not possible since Virgin Mobile's PRL is 61007. Its kinda illegal on a carrier with 1 PRL.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

What isn't possible, exactly? Updating the PRL on the OS? yes, we established that. But it is not an entirely fruitless endeavor to update the PRL on other phones from VM. I used to have the OV and I swapped PRLs pretty often. It never did anything for network speed but I noticed I would get better reception in some areas.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sprints prl is 61007 vm has no towers. Read the wiki on prl I'm simply going by what it said... no reason to get so upset. Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34