List of ROMs

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi y'all...

I'm semi new to this forum. Have been reading quite a bit and thanks to this forum, bought my first no-contract smartphone. That said, I'm I mistaken or is there only one ROM available for the Optimus Slider? I see a Kernel update, which I applied... but I don't see any other ROMs to chose from which is a bummer as this ROM is a massive battery hog.

So, can someone please either point me to a concise list of ROMs for our phone or let me know another phone's ROMs we're able to use. Such as the LG Optimus S or V? Can we use their ROMs?

Kindest Regards,

- Kelley ;)

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi y'all...

I'm semi new to this forum. Have been reading quite a bit and thanks to this forum, bought my first no-contract smartphone. That said, I'm I mistaken or is there only one ROM available for the Optimus Slider? I see a Kernel update, which I applied... but I don't see any other ROMs to chose from which is a bummer as this ROM is a massive battery hog.

So, can someone please either point me to a concise list of ROMs for our phone or let me know another phone's ROMs we're able to use. Such as the LG Optimus S or V? Can we use their ROMs?

Kindest Regards,

- Kelley ;)

You flashed the kernel correct? There's also team hydros gelato 11 28 ROM. Its pretty much a stock look but a much faster and smoother version.
When you flash that you'll be able to apply themes to the custom ROM(s). There used to be 2 but they got taken down to be updated to work with the newer version of the ROM.
There's currently my own theme I'm working on posted in this forum. Its a ICS theme.
Hope any of this helps.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You have 2 diff ROMs in this forum, both from Team Hydro. One is for the Optimus Slider, the other for the Optimus Q. As for your question with why there is a ROM for the Optimus Q within the Slider forums. This is because there are not very many members that use the Optimus Q. With that said, you could also say the same about the Optimus Slider members. There really are not that many users. AndroidCentral is the ONLY place you can find ROMs for both of these phones.

As for your issue with battery, I haven't heard anyone else reporting horrible battery life. You should be getting better battery life if anything.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi y'all...

Kindest Regards,

- Kelley ;)

I have also noticed that this ROM chews through my battery. I have nothing running and my data is off yet my battery is nearly dead after about 6 hours

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did flash the kernel and then installed the Gelato ROM... problem is the ROM is like acid to my battery... it BLOWS through the charge within a day... with VERY little use. I realize he didn't have a phone full time to do testing and no one put a gun to my head to load the ROM. :) I was just hoping that there was a little more variety on the ROM front to compare this with.

Thanks for the offer for the theme. I'm not unhappy with the current theme though I'll take a look at it as I'm very interested in ICS... I l do like hearing that they are updating the other ROMs... so maybe there IS hope! :)

You flashed the kernel correct? There's also team hydros gelato 11 28 ROM. Its pretty much a stock look but a much faster and smoother version.
When you flash that you'll be able to apply themes to the custom ROM(s). There used to be 2 but they got taken down to be updated to work with the newer version of the ROM.
There's currently my own theme I'm working on posted in this forum. Its a ICS theme.
Hope any of this helps.

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
But I don't understand why put a ROM that has no ability to be used on the Slider if it's only for the Q... just create another forum for them... while there may not be many using either phone, the fact that they stuck the Q ROM in the Slider forum would be very confusing to the less tech inclined... or for those who simply just don't read. ;)

Not many users for the Slider because the phone's "new"?

You have 2 diff ROMs in this forum, both from Team Hydro. One is for the Optimus Slider, the other for the Optimus Q. As for your question with why there is a ROM for the Optimus Q within the Slider forums. This is because there are not very many members that use the Optimus Q. With that said, you could also say the same about the Optimus Slider members. There really are not that many users. AndroidCentral is the ONLY place you can find ROMs for both of these phones.

As for your issue with battery, I haven't heard anyone else reporting horrible battery life. You should be getting better battery life if anything.

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
But I don't understand why put a ROM that has no ability to be used on the Slider if it's only for the Q... just create another forum for them... while there may not be many using either phone, the fact that they stuck the Q ROM in the Slider forum would be very confusing to the less tech inclined... or for those who simply just don't read. ;)

Agreed there has been many of times that I have gotten confused.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

First off, it is not Team Hydro's (nor any other developer's) responsibility to create new forums. The reason there is no dedicated Optimus Q forum is because there are only a handful of users of that device. Any complaints about this should be sent to the forum Administrator.

Second, both ROMs CLEARLY state in the thread title which device they are for. If you don't do your homework, don't come complaining because you bricked your phone as a result of flashing a ROM for a different device. Jon already explained this here.

Last edited:

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll give that a try. I've seen that in other forums as well but was hoping there was maybe a ROM that already encompassed that with some added functionality... I suppose it's a waiting game.

You should try calibrating your battery too! After I calibrated the battery on my OS I'll easily get 12hrs with moderate/heavy use and 24+hrs when I hardly use it at all. And this is with the Team Hydro ROM + Gingerkernel too.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
You should try calibrating your battery too! After I calibrated the battery on my OS I'll easily get 12hrs with moderate/heavy use and 24+hrs when I hardly use it at all. And this is with the Team Hydro ROM + Gingerkernel too.

how did you do the calibration for this phone

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
how did you do the calibration for this phone

I charged it to 100% once, then let the battery drain completely. I played games, turned on wifi and GPS so it would drain faster.

When it had completely died, I let the battery sit outside of the phone for about 10 minutes. After that I put the battery back in and started charging it but with the phone turned OFF. When it had completely charged (took about 3hrs), I booted into recovery, wiped battery stats, then let it sit on the charger for another 20 mins or so.

After that I took it off the charger and booted it up entirely and that's all you need to do. I'm really picky though, so I did the entire process again except I didn't wipe the battery stats on the second run through and let it sit on the charger (off) while reading 100% for an hour. There are a lot of different ways to calibrate the battery on an android phone, google provides many search results. the most important part is to charge it to 100% while off and then wipe the battery stats

It should be noted that I also have my phone clocked at ~320mhz minimum, 800mhz max utilizing the SmartassV2 governor. Having the governor set to performance will drastically reduce battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair