Need Help With LG Optimus Q (L55C)

iamstow

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I need help with my phone. I did something and now i'm stuck in a boot loop. I can't boot into recovery mode at all and I don't know what else to do. I need to try and fix it before I have to send it back to straight talk and they find out I rooted it. Any ideas?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry i didnt realize that you couldnt boot into recovery. I was just asking if you could boot into recovery. Stock recovery wont help anyways. Im sorry but I dont have any idea how to fix that issue. Hopefully someone will know a trick tho! :cool:

Good luck!

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is going to help out.
But in the passed I bricked 2 or 3 optimus v's tinkering around on them.
Where it would not get pass the boot animation.
All I did to fix my problem was call up virgin mobile (in your case straight talk) I told them exactly what was happening. (Keep in mind they did not know my phone was rooted) they would run me through standard company procedures to try and help me fix the phone. Non of them worked obviously, next they simply said they would send me out another phone since mine seem to be "defective". They would send me out a new one and I would send back my bricked optimus.

That was my solution when this happened to me.

Note I did do this a few times and they never caught on.
So maybe if straight talk is as nice as VM, you should be fine. Only downside is just having to wait for your new phone to come in.
Yet again hope this helps you out :)

Oh, and when they asked when this started happening all I said was when I went to turn on my phone it just started doing it.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

morpheus1894

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
i tried doing that with the firs lgl55c i had they have horrible customer service , since they are outsourced . and they will tell u to take it back to walmart .i had issues with my E71 where it would randomly stop making calls and i couldnt receive and they were no help at all

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
1-800-339-9345 --- thats the best number to call for tech support with net10/straight talk. thats there executive resolutions department and honestly they're the only knowledgeable people you'll talk to with the company. i can also give you the managers direct line, but thats really hit and miss because most of the managers are just pissed off all of the time.

dkettler

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
yes i have no problems with this phone execpt one every phone has its up and downs and right now mine is the my screen just quit working on me for some reason the backlight still comes on but no picture or anything just blank anyone know how to fix it

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You don't even get the lg logo? Try pulling the battery for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work attempt to boot into recovery.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

portortraffic

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
New problem: LG Optimus Q Purchased in November. I put the Team Hydro firmware with Custom Recovery. Did a factory reset (dumb me) and now the phone is stuck. Tried reinstalling the firmware, no go. Tried resetting everything including the sd card, no go. Now tried reinstalling the Team Hydro firmware, stuck on LG logo. Ideas?

CleverUsernameHere

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
New problem: LG Optimus Q Purchased in November. I put the Team Hydro firmware with Custom Recovery. Did a factory reset (dumb me) and now the phone is stuck. Tried reinstalling the firmware, no go. Tried resetting everything including the sd card, no go. Now tried reinstalling the Team Hydro firmware, stuck on LG logo. Ideas?

I did the exact same thing to my (StraightTalk) LG Optimus Q, purchased in February... I even used the same TeamHydro custom rom, immediately my phone stopped responding, will not load. Shows the LG screen, then freezes on the blue "TracFone" screen :( if anybody has found a successful solution to this, please email me at tinaterry79@gmail.com (since my phone isn't working, I only have occasional internet access)

Thanks so much!! -Tina

sandplunge

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
My heart is still beating... I got it! Thank God. I was stuck in the boot loop, I pulled very stupid and tried to factory reset without reflashing a rom. I'll never do that again! I couldn't boot into recovery for the life of me, and finally I found a thread for a different lg phone that said to hold volume down + home + power until the recovery menu popped up. That ended my lg boot loop and now I'm in recovery. Hope this saves someone else's cheese too. btw, this is regarding a rooted optimus q which was running arearomq2.0. It's a great rom, but if you ever want to give away a phone to your wife, do yourself a favor and reflash your custom rom when you factory reset to eliminate your contacts and sync accounts....

Shadoee Babbii

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Well i have an Optimus Q.I have only had my phone for about 4 months. My facebook app had forced close. i turned my phone off and turned it back on all i get is the blue tracfone screen. i did the factory reset which did not help. it still does the blue screen. i called the number for corporate above they told me there is nothing they can do for me. Is there anybody out there who can help me with my phone? I dont want to lose a phone i have only had for less then 6 months. Help Please?

Missy Greene

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I need help. My lg optimus q slider through straightalk is frozen i guess. i cant unlock it. the screen keeps flipping like im tilting my phone and im not. i have tried and tried to unlock it but it wont work so i cant use it. it drains my battery and wont stay charged. any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674