Are these the correct steps to going back to factory defaults?

Geraldsmod

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, I have the Gelato Rom installed on my Optimus Slider.
I would like to go completely back to factory defaults and then proceed to re-flash Gelato.

Are these the correct steps in doing so?
1. Flash the Stock, Untouched Rom (found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...-rom-stock-untouched-unrooted-slider-rom.html)
2. Restore factory defaults through the main menu.

I also saw someone said on a different thread:
"ALSO, you can always boot into recovery (Power Off the phone, hold down the home button, the volume down button, and then power (all at the same time)...until the phone boots into recovery. From there just Wipe Data Factory Reset."

Which way will 100% bring me back to factory defaults without a brick?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Reboot into recovery. Wipe cache and delvik cache. Wipe the data/factory reset. Install the untouched slider rom... reboot once. Go back into recovery (at this point you will still have the custom recovery it is much more involved to remove.) However you should have factory defaults... wipe cache and delvik cache again and reflash the gelato rom. Tbh, flashing the original stock rom is really an unnecessary step. At most you should just need to wipe cache, delvik cache, wipe data/factory reset then reflash the gelato rom. I hope that made sense to you if not let me know. Whatever you do don't wipe data from the settings menu within the phone itself. That will brick it. But wiping from recovery will work just fine.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Geraldsmod

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are these the correct steps to going back to factory defaults

Oh thanks a lot that made perfect sense.
Ill wipe cache and delvik cache, wipe data to factory defaults, then re-install Gelato.

Thanks again for clearing this up. I'm sure others will appreciate it as well!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem! Clearing cache and delvik cache can be a good habit to get into. I clear mine regularly... I also recommend the app android assistant. It helps me keep up with the phones cache and history etc.

Geraldsmod

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are these the correct steps to going back to factory defaults

You actually do need to go back to the stock rom. You cant flash Gelato directly after wiping data.
The proper steps are:
Wipe cache and Delvik cache
Wipe data
Flash Stock rom
reboot. and enter recovery again.
(not sure if wiping cache and delvik again is necessary now but I did)
flash Gelato
reboot. and enter recovery again
finally flash gingerbread kernel.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay I forgot the gelato rom was flashed on top of stock. I don't have the slider and that's not the normal process for flashing a rom but I'm glad you got it handled. Sorry about that.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest formatting the system partition as well, you guys left that out. A full wipe would be necessary if you really don't wanna bork up your phone.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 ICS Style via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret