voip unwanted speakerphone

dhi29

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a completely stock Virgin Mobile LG optimus slider. When using any voip app the audio comes out the speaker phone. In particular I'd like the app Viber to work. If i turn speaker on then off it'll go through the ear piece for about 3 minutes, then goes back to speaker. turning speaker on then off again fixes it, but the phone will do it again every so often.

Any way to fix this? maybe rooting and using gingerkernel?

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It happens to me as well with Groove IP... I am Rooted and have gingerkernal with the Gelato ROM...so yeah...sorreh...tho there was something in the troubleshooting part of Groove Ip that resolved the issue I beleive (it only happens to me when I receive an incoming call...but I mostly make outgoing calls on Groove IP so i dont really know if its fixed or not)

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try rooting, but I'm not sure how much that will help if any... but it's worth a try if you don't mind losing your warranty.

I'm not sure what else to tell you, sorry. But after a Google search, your kernel might be affecting it. So GingerKernel might be your fix, but it might not be either.

EDIT: GrooveIP worked fine for me in the short time that I used it... is it something with the phone perhaps?

dhi29

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
well, i don't think i'll go through rooting and what not if it work fix it anyway. I'm so happy with only paying $35 a month, but I tried the triumph, then the intercept, and now the optimus slider and none of them work right.

Gingerkernel is really the only other kernel besides stock for this phone? i know it's pretty new. maybe i should return it and try another virgin mobile phone... aha.

estabien: where you using gingerkernel and grooveip?

raygun: at least i know it's not my phone personally but the model.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I think so.

I've been using GingerKernel since I rooted my phone.

Also, if you do decide to return it go for the OV... my friend has it and has absolutely no complaints with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11