Stock from questions.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my wife a slider and was wondering after root i really only wanna remove the bloat.

Is there any of the pre installed VM apps that i should not install? I plan on using titanium backup to remove these extras. Are there any on the phone once removed will Bork anything?

And from my understanding the stock rom is already running around 800mhz?

Anything else i need to know? Other than just reading everything?

Sent from your mom's phone.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
1.THIS should be helpful to you.

2. Yes. It's basically an overclocked V (which runs at 600 mhz)

Oh, and make sure that you only install ROMs and themes and kernels made for your device (VM701). I've actually got a list on my GitHub Wiki about the compatible ROMs, themes, and kernels so far that have been released for our phone.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks a million. that link will help a million times over! i dont plan on custom rom or anything as it will be my wifes phone.

but my ov. that's a different story :D. i cant recall how many roms have been through that tank!

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I am so envious of you.

... I want an OV ;-; mainly for Cyanogenmod, but still, I love ROMs. Actually funny story, my friend has an OV and I'm always like, "If you want to trade with me feel free to at any time!"

but yeah. I'm glad that the link is helpful to you. Although some of the package names are different, it does tell you what is safe to remove... but even then I'd always back up.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Right out of the box before she even touched it, i rooted it lol. Gave it to her just now. As soon as she sets it down I'm gonna push a recovery and back it up. Then i will remove the bloat. I won't flash a rom though.

You should check your local Craigslist for an ov. Then sell the slider if wanted to make back what was spent on the ov plus extra cash.

I'm loving Cm7.2 and we also right now are in alpha of ics cm9 and it is a very functional rom. Most stuff works except camera but that Is only a matter of time lol.

Sent from your mom's phone.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just get a lockscreen replacement app ;) I know that milocker and go locker do this and widgetlocker has an easy wake option too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez