Phone stuck in infinite boot loop.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep.

I have gone to recovery and tried to flash two ROMs made for my phone so far with no luck. It just goes to the homescreen for a second and loops again.

HELP ME.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What did you do that made your phone go into the boot loop to begin with? Boot back into recovery.. go to mounts and storage, and format everything with the exception of the sdcard. Wipe cache/dalvik, flash the new rom... reboot.

Generally as a rule of thumb if you can get to recovery you're not bricked.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
How did you manage to get the rom loaded if you were stuck in a boot loop? I am in the same situation but I cannot get a connection to my PC so I can transfer over a rom.

HWMY

Mount USB storage from Mounts in recovery

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

khabibul35

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was in the same boat. Even the VM701 stock rom was getting stuck in a loop.

The way mine happened was me trying to install mobster Rom. Foolishly I tried to wipe all the directories in the mounts and storage section as well as restore to factory default. After that, I tried gelato and even stock and got boot loop.

To undo the damage I did what jcole20 suggested and wiped cache, Dalvik cache, all available option on the mounts and storage page (minus SD card). That brought me back to stock. At that point, I installed mobster again only wiping cache and dalvik cache and it worked fine.

It was a really worrisome hour or so but I know what happened now. May I add that we add to the rom directions instructions that specifically say DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING EXCEPT CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE? As someone who just flashed a Cyanogen Rom on another phone I thought I was just being thorough, but that's what messed it up!

wufkitn

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is what i've got going on. For the record, i didn't - to my knowledge! - do anything to cause it. I was having some erratic behaviour - browser crashing, Facebook crashing - and had a 'low memory' message. Turned it off, went to turn it back on, and - damn. I get the LG logo, then the Virgin 'Hello' sequence; but before it finishes booting up, it blinks, resets, and starts over. The only way to stop it is pull the battery.

Any suggestions? I haven't tried a factory reset yet - i can, but never having done so i'm not about to just go mucking about til i know thats whats needed.

Thnx -

s.

khabibul35

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I should add that between loading the stock rom and installing the mobster rom, or another rom, you need to have the system load once an log into your google account. I don't understand why, but that's the only way I could get the custom rom to work.

Marcus Slaga

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
my galaxy note is stuck on infinite loop and i cant get it to hard factory reset. looking at it and highlighted wipe data/factory reset and try to press power button but nothing is happening