[ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.4 update: 5/28

Pseudotsuga

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.3 update: 3/10

Just managed to flash your rom and Gingerkernel. All is running smoothly after I got past the boot loop I got stuck in at first. Turns out you aren't supposed to do a factory reset first. Either way, it works. I like the little tweaks that have been added and prefermance seems good, although about the same as stock. I'm looking foward to checking out the battery life as I've always gotten pretty terrible battery life on this phone. Currently the only problem I've run into is that it detects my internal disk as having five megabytes free while stock reported it as around thirty megabytes. Not that big a deal, although it could turn in to a hassle if I ever try to install any more apps. So all in all, seems like a good product. Keep it up, and thanks for your work.

Reactions: Mobstergunz

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
'kay i'm making a cloudy theme in UOT kitchen... wish me luck!

How's it coming along? :)

Just managed to flash your rom and Gingerkernel. All is running smoothly after I got past the boot loop I got stuck in at first. Turns out you aren't supposed to do a factory reset first. Either way, it works. I like the little tweaks that have been added and prefermance seems good, although about the same as stock. I'm looking foward to checking out the battery life as I've always gotten pretty terrible battery life on this phone. Currently the only problem I've run into is that it detects my internal disk as having five megabytes free while stock reported it as around thirty megabytes. Not that big a deal, although it could turn in to a hassle if I ever try to install any more apps. So all in all, seems like a good product. Keep it up, and thanks for your work.

Might I suggest V6 Supercharger/KickAssKernalizer/3GTurbocharger? Believe me, it makes a noticable difference in performance.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

Pseudotsuga

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Might I suggest V6 Supercharger/KickAssKernalizer/3GTurbocharger? Believe me, it makes a noticable difference in performance.
I'll look into those. Is there any one in particular that you recommend?

Edit: Just realized that I may be able to run all three. Is that what you were suggesting for me to do?

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

How's it coming along? :)

it seems i have to cook it again because I attempted to install linux in the middle of it being processed and now it won't show up.

but cooking is nothing, it's the whole making status bar icons work on our device that's frustrating.

EDIT m'kay i'm done.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoLawliet

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll look into those. Is there any one in particular that you recommend?

Edit: Just realized that I may be able to run all three. Is that what you were suggesting for me to do?

Yes, all three of them. Run V6 Supercharger first. Choose 1 for scrolling speed and include unit.d tweaks. Run options 7, 11, 20, and 29. Afterwards, kickasskernalizer. Then 3GTurbocharger with whatever setting works best for you, including Wifi Afterburner

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pseudotsuga

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
it seems i have to cook it again because I attempted to install linux in the middle of it being processed and now it won't show up.

but cooking is nothing, it's the whole making status bar icons work on our device that's frustrating.

EDIT m'kay i'm done.

Looks nice, I'll flash it as soon as I can get to an outlet or something, phone died.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Estabien... I can help u out if u need any help. I've had some issues with status bar icons as well... you have to resize hdpi icons to mdpi sizes and id test by adb push if I were you ... its a lot easier than repeatedly flashing to test. If u need any specific help lemme know. Id really like to help theme this rom... I've got a lot of ideas for it.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Reactions: estabien

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Estabien... I can help u out if u need any help. I've had some issues with status bar icons as well... you have to resize hdpi icons to mdpi sizes and id test by adb push if I were you ... its a lot easier than repeatedly flashing to test. If u need any specific help lemme know. Id really like to help theme this rom... I've got a lot of ideas for it.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Thanks... I don't have a theming problem atm but I have a porting problem.

Would you like to see what I have so far. It doesn't boot but I'm trying to fix it... but i def need help because I don't know what to do next.

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

The easy solution would be to backup whatever you can, and then wipe your data, cache, dalvik cache, and system partitions. After that, flash the stock rom and just to be sure let it boot once. Go to recovery, wipe dalvik cache and cache, then flash Mobster Rom and then GingerKernel. If problems still persist then I don't know how else I can help.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

Alrity man but where can I get the flashable stock rom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech