[ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.4 update: 5/28

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.1 update: 3/5

My SMS messages are taking a very long time to send. I don't think it's the network. Is this a known bug?

Last edited:

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

My SMS messages are taking a very long to send. I don't think it's the network. Is this a known bug?

i haven't changed anything related to SMS but let me know if it keeps happening try a reboot....

EDIT: i blame the sun spots for anything that goes wrong with our technology this year.... every 11 years theres more sun spots then normal which has a strange effect on all electronical devices this year happens to be the 11th year...... this may explain why we're getting more problems with our tech lol

Last edited:

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

i haven't changed anything related to SMS but let me know if it keeps happening try a reboot....

Tried that, still the same problem. I just flashed over v1.1 (which I know wouldn't fix it) but I will report back after everything is set up.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

just wondering. but compared to the Gelato 11-28 whats the difference

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

just wondering. but compared to the Gelato 11-28 whats the difference

The tweaks and mods that im adding.... and i haven't checked but i heard Gelato has issues :confused: ...... basically in a sense since Gelato is only a base Rom for "Team Hydro"..... im making this Rom which im letting everyone including myself use as a base rom to make themes for or add their own mods/edits

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, well I downloaded this rom and flashed it and then flashed Gingerkernel. Its telling me I have 2 MB of internal storage versus 30 MB previously with Gelato 11 28. Hmmmmmmm?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, well I downloaded this rom and flashed it and then flashed Gingerkernel. Its telling me I have 2 MB of internal storage versus 30 MB previously with Gelato 11 28. Hmmmmmmm?

hmmm is right that is odd... anybody else see this?

it could be because whatever you had before installing this rom was taking the space (maybe).....

(was it like that before GingerKernel?)

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did u make this kernel? I doubt the kernel is 2gb nor running with a 2gb lighter footprint. Perhaps sd-ext is working properly/enabled.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Did u make this kernel? I doubt the kernel is 2gb nor running with a 2gb lighter footprint. Perhaps sd-ext is working properly/enabled.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

I did not make this Kernel i did however modify the one that comes with the Rom..... also i believe they said "2MB" the only explanation i have is when you flash this Rom you are not required to factory data rest (from recovery ofcourse) but i always recommend this as this will "clear data, apps, cache, dalvik cache and anything in .android/data on your sd card" having said that if you were previously running Gelato all your data and apps will remain... even more so if Gelato has storage tweaks for more space (haven't checked what it has to be honest :p)

Last edited:

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah it must be my service not sending these texts correctly. Not the ROM.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

The tweaks and mods that im adding.... and i haven't checked but i heard Gelato has issues :confused: ...... basically in a sense since Gelato is only a base Rom for "Team Hydro"..... im making this Rom which im letting everyone including myself use as a base rom to make themes for or add their own mods/edits

Ahh okay. I would really like to start doing this myself. I'm sure I have all the supplys but not the understanding on how to start. Any help?

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Ahh okay. I would really like to start doing this myself. I'm sure I have all the supplys but not the understanding on how to start. Any help?

the best place to start is with basic porting use a zip manager i recommend WinRAR get the framework-res.apk and switch the .png files inside with the .pngs from an existing theme with similar resolution 320x480 (mdpi)

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So if I were to be on Gelato and I factory data/reset and continue with included instructions to flash this ROM, I will still have all my data and apps with this new ROM???? :confused::confused:

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

So if I were to be on Gelato and I factory data/reset and continue with included instructions to flash this ROM, I will still have all my data and apps with this new ROM???? :confused::confused:

No Factory data reset will always delete your apps and data im just saying that instead of wiping caches you can just data factory reset (from recovery) you get a cleaner install which can usually fix most issues that people have with new roms

Reactions: gladesofsummer

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

if the charging animations are not working i think i know how to fix it i'll update the rom after i get out of school

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Will test it out today since I didn't get a chance to flash it last night. It's better this way, I'll give a more accurate rating from using it throughout an entire day out.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1