[ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.4 update: 5/28

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.2.5 update: 3/7

Hey! I got a theme for mdpi phones and i made it into a flashable zip... not sure if i can post it as i did not make it...

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

i haven't gotten any messages.... but im sorry you feel that way.... i made this Rom hoping to inspire others to use this as a base for their rom/theme helping the community.... its fine if you guys don't want to use this rom i do have other roms that i can be working on for the triumph i think my next release might be the last for a while....

@ jcole20 - This Rom's updater-script formats and mounts the system for you it isn't necessary to do it in the recovery but it wouldn't hurt

Personally I think this ROM is good and I think the camera tweaks are awesome! I really hope you continue upgrading this ROM and overpower Gelato. You seem very good at developing so that's something to have bragging rights for and to be better than some people. Please don't stop updating this ROM. The Slider community needs you.

EDIT: As for the other people, I'm bootlooping as well. Going to go ahead and flash stock and then flash this over that.

EDIT2: Another addition you can make to the ROM is removing the "Privacy" option under Settings to prevent inexperienced people from Factory Resetting their phone via that and risk a brick.

Last edited by a moderator:

pierced_boi

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I like where this ROM is going... It's good so far, I haven't had the bootloop other people have had problems with. It did however take a good 10 minutes to boot the first time but I guess that's par for the course when flashing. Seems to be slightly better battery life, but the 135mb or so free is kinda iffy. Don't let people get to you. Thanks for the time and effort you're putting into this

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I like where this ROM is going... It's good so far, I haven't had the bootloop other people have had problems with. It did however take a good 10 minutes to boot the first time but I guess that's par for the course when flashing. Seems to be slightly better battery life, but the 135mb or so free is kinda iffy. Don't let people get to you. Thanks for the time and effort you're putting into this

Yeah, it's a bit troublesome when you're restoring lots of apps. But it's not really a problem if you have the time to keep pausing the restoring of the files to move them to SD etc.

I had to get rid of like 3 games and 5 apps just so the phone can stop displaying low on space. Ah well.

EDIT: Just found something out, after deleting all 3 bluetooth .apks using "SDX System App Remover", I now have 35MB free after rebooting. (If you decide to do this as well, it will keep giving you a "bluetooth blah blah closed unexpectedly" with the force close button that pops up right after you hit force close, so you need to hold down the power button to bring up the reboot option and keep clicking force close and then quickly hit reboot. Might take a few tries but I don't use bluetooth at all, so having the apk's needed for it is useless. Seems it gives me lots of space free anyways.

Last edited:

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys i should have a new build up tomorrow after i get out of school....

it should include the music/audio mods aswell as the privacy option removed from the settings.apk

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks guys i should have a new build up tomorrow after i get out of school....

it should include the music/audio mods aswell as the privacy option removed from the settings.apk

Ahh yes finally gonna have better sound on the slider this is sooooooo exiting!!!!!! I can't wai!!! Keep up the good work bro!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Estabien if you theme the framework-res.apk that came with the working crt animation it will still work. Try rethemeing it. Or look up my walkthrough in the vm slider section and reenable it. They're build.prop is already set you just need to decompile the framewrok-res.apk, change the bools value to false listed in that walkthrough and then recompile (delete the resource.arsc from the keep folder when compiling), go to the unsigned .apk and copy the resource.arsc file out of the root of it and put it/replace it in the original framework-res.apk. Reflash and it's working.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem is that I used the framework-res from the first release of this rom.

I can easily fix that tomorrow... I can't get on a computer right now because its one in the morning and I have school tomorrow, but I can get on after school.

EDIT: Actually whatever, mania is awesome so I might as well embrace it. I'll work on it tonight.

Sent from me to the Internet to you...

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

here ya go... it works just fine x3

EDIT: onoez problems.

Last edited:

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

iHideInTrees

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys i know this is the Optimus Slider forum but can i ask you guys for a favor..... can you sign these petitions to get Gingerbread on the Triumph i'd really appreciate it if you did :)

This one ask for 100 signatures the sooner the better :)...

Motorola: Update the Motorola Triumph to the latest Android OS.

This one would definetly have more impact asking for 20,000 signatures

Motorola: Upgrade Motorola Triumph To Gingerbread.

Done! :] and it can't hurt, I might want to get the triumph in the future anyways.

Reactions: Mobstergunz

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Installation Instructions:

1 Backup
2 Wipe Cache
3 Wipe Dalvik Cache
4 Install ROM
5 Reboot

If I already have GingerKernel installed, do I need to flash it again after installing this ROM?

(I've been running Gelato 11-28 with GK)

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

If I already have GingerKernel installed, do I need to flash it again after installing this ROM?

(I've been running Gelato 11-28 with GK)

my assumption is yes this Rom comes with its own kernel that overwrites what you have now..... flash GingerKernel right after the rom and you should be good :)

Reactions: Bigtuna00

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.2.7 update: 3/9

New Update to V1.2.7

this should add :

Notification Toggels
Privacy Removed from Settings

enjoy:)

Forum statistics

Threads