[ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.4 update: 5/28

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mr drewwalton id really like to ask your assistance on something. We're working really hard to get an ext4 system running on both the q and the slider. Unfortunately (we have an ext4 kernel) we cannot get a rom to flash it fails at formatting in our updater-script. I've watched and paid a lot of attention to you and I can't pm you. I respect your opinion and knowledge a lot and id like to pick your brain a bit if possible. The phone should support ext4 but we cannot get /system to format to ext4. Also were trying really hard to get vendor source on the q and slider because the lg source does not compile properly.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

DaGrimMan

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.3 update: 3/10

Hello all,

I am having a big problem here trying to get the mobster rom to work on my lg vm701. I have made a nandroid backup and what not just fine. I am able to flash the stock rom and my back up and the phone will function fine. My problem is that after flashing the rom with mobster rom and adding the kernel i reboot and my phone just shows the virgin mobile hello screen over and over. Not fully rebooting by what I can tell but is it a loop and won't stop. I have even gone as far as letting it cycle for about 5 minutes just to make sure. Am I missing something here or is there a problem with my phone / rom? :(

Thanks in advanced for any help from the community or devs.

( EDIT )
I managed getting it to work. I was clearing all data and factory restoring from recovery. Turns out that was an unneeded step. Mobster rom and kernel installed and operational. Sorry for posting before I tried a few more times. Read a post further up stating the same thing i was experiencing and turns out we both did the same thing. Thank you all.

Last edited:

cunhamv

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Hello all,

I am having a big problem here trying to get the mobster rom to work on my lg vm701. I have made a nandroid backup and what not just fine. I am able to flash the stock rom and my back up and the phone will function fine. My problem is that after flashing the rom with mobster rom and adding the kernel i reboot and my phone just shows the virgin mobile hello screen over and over. Not fully rebooting by what I can tell but is it a loop and won't stop. I have even gone as far as letting it cycle for about 5 minutes just to make sure. Am I missing something here or is there a problem with my phone / rom? :(

Thanks in advanced for any help from the community or devs.

Probably a bad download. Redownload (check md5 with one of the free aps from the market) then follow the install instructions and reflash it.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Going to switch to this tonight from team hydros gelato. Hopefully ill like it. Would be pretty n sweet to get a theme chooser in this ROM as well. Also to all yous that asked, ill cook up a sick theme for this as well since ill be using this myself. Just let me know what you guys want done :)
Remember you can find my work in the threads, I made the first (or only) ICS theme for the gelato ROM!

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider running Gelato 11 28/ Gingerkernel7.1. Theme:ICS

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Going to switch to this tonight from team hydros gelato. Hopefully ill like it. Would be pretty n sweet to get a theme chooser in this ROM as well. Also to all yous that asked, ill cook up a sick theme for this as well since ill be using this myself. Just let me know what you guys want done :)
Remember you can find my work in the threads, I made the first (or only) ICS theme for the gelato ROM!

Could you try porting an MIUI theme?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Reactions: genariux2

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Just switched to this. Get rid of the Virgin mobile start, do it as Team Hydro did on their Gelato ROM. Its just annoying. lol

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tyler, the bootanimation is easy to replace. Just find the bootanimation.zip you want to use and put it on your SD somewhere and use a root file explorer to navigate to the .zip and copy it to /system/media.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I know how to do all of this. I'm just telling the dev to change it on the distributed copy.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, alright then. I don't think there will be any more updates though but yeah that would be something to change in the future.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I switched back to gelatos rom. Just cleared all the caches and its running zippy again. I just didn't feel like setting up my phone all over again with this new ROM. Hah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22