Can't install recovery no matter what.

slytek

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have slider that i sold and i wanted to return it back to complete stock including stock recovery.
Before i started doing that, phone had Gelato rom and clockwork recovery and ginger kernel and it was rooted of course.
I flashed stock rom that i found here. it loaded just fine. after that i followed steps to flash recovery found in sticky tread on here but instead of VM701_recovery.img file i used stock_recovery.img found here. CP (copy)command did not work from terminal in stock rom so i loaded Mob rom and CP command works there but when i get to the step where you do "flash_image recovery stock_recovery.img it gives me error messages saying it can't write, no space left. So that command destroyed recovery all together. Now when you try to go to recovery its get to fastboot mode. Phone will still boot normal if i pull battery. I once again tried all commands even for custom recovery and it still cant write saying no room. Phone appears to be rooted as i can get su just fine. I tried rom manager, install recovery from there, it says its installed but when you boot to it still goes to fastboot mode. I tired permission fix in rom manager, it didn't help.
I don't know what else to do. Please help as i'm stuck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad