Retiring My LG Optimus Slider

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
There's little to no dev support, and that's what I care about. I went back to my OV today and I won't come back until there's some more dev support for this phone.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
There's little to no dev support, and that's what I care about. I went back to my OV today and I won't come back until there's some more dev support for this phone.

Soon enough there will be an arearom port available, maybe withing a week?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
To be honest there was no point in making this thread. It's like making a thread saying you just baked muffins and they are delicious. But I wholeheartedly agree about wanting to retire. The Slider has been dead since day one in terms of dev support. Here I was hoping that LeslieAnn and other Optimus V devs would either port or develop newly created ROMs for the Slider but that's not happening in the Sliders lifetime by the looks of it.

The only thing stopping me from going back to the V is the keyboard. Otherwise the Slider would be getting sold on eBay. I understand where you're coming from.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could go to the Triumph or the OV. But the wife would blow up if she knew I sold my anniversary present from her

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could go to the Triumph or the OV. But the wife would blow up if she knew I sold my anniversary present from her

Yikes :(. Try "accidentally" breaking it. Like snapping the top part off the bottom part and say you dropped it while you had the keyboard out. Viola, time to get a new phone.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
hahahaha but she got me insurance :'(

good idea though

Plan = ruined.

How about...say you tried installing a ROM on your phone and it bricked it, and it isn't covered under insurance since you broke the ToS/voided your warranty by doing so. But thing is, you'd really need to brick your phone. Or just remove the battery and show her it won't power on. ;)

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Plan = ruined.

How about...say you tried installing a ROM on your phone and it bricked it, and it isn't covered under insurance since you broke the ToS/voided your warranty by doing so. But thing is, you'd really need to brick your phone. Or just remove the battery and show her it won't power on. ;)

LOL!

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't retired my Slider yet because it's what I use daily, while I continue to flash roms and play around with my Optimus V. It's only a matter of time, if nothing new comes along, if no support is available, I may retire to a Sidekick 4G that was just given to me. On the bright side I won't be giving up a keyboard :)

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't retired my Slider yet because it's what I use daily, while I continue to flash roms and play around with my Optimus V. It's only a matter of time, if nothing new comes along, if no support is available, I may retire to a Sidekick 4G that was just given to me. On the bright side I won't be giving up a keyboard :)

I'm deciding to go back to the Slider because my fingers are starting to hurt from typing on an on screen keyboard. Oh decisions...

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny how much I switch around on stuff... Was making a kernel and a ROM and a Theme for the slider..... got a Jeep Grand Cherokee... Started spending more time with that then my phone.... and now I cant even find any of those files.... =( was planning on finishing it too

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny how much I switch around on stuff... Was making a kernel and a ROM and a Theme for the slider..... got a Jeep Grand Cherokee... Started spending more time with that then my phone.... and now I cant even find any of those files.... =( was planning on finishing it too

What kind of rom was it?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just found out that HTC EVO 3-D is coming to Virgin Mobile in the summer.. Not a big fan of HTC phones, but this one is a definite plus compared to the rest of the phones we have for Virgin.. Was going to sell my phone and get the crappy Triumph, but now at least I have something good to look forward too...

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just found out that HTC EVO 3-D is coming to Virgin Mobile in the summer.. Not a big fan of HTC phones, but this one is a definite plus compared to the rest of the phones we have for Virgin.. Was going to sell my phone and get the crappy Triumph, but now at least I have something good to look forward too...

HTC might release another phone to virgin too the HTC One V, with ICS on it..

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

yay for a $99999999 cell phone!!!! WOO HOO!!!