[ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

tony_duane

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
rooting the straighttalk optimus q

I used this link to root my straighttalk phone.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-q2-all-things-root/473530-rooting-lg-optimus-q-straight-talk.html

Btw how to I post html? <a href="">hey</a> doesn't seem to work lol

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a possibility that this has been ported to the Slider on VM yet or is being worked on?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You know.. it will kill ADB but you can just replace the boot.img from this rom with the boot.img of a slider rom and it should run for you...

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
You know.. it will kill ADB but you can just replace the boot.img from this rom with the boot.img of a slider rom and it should run for you...

Really? Thank you, I'm gonna try this out after I make a backup, I don't really use ADB anyway since my laptop is done for. But when you say it kills ADB, what exactly gets effected by that? I just hope I still have root and can revert if anything goes wrong at all, root is my biggest concern.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I replaced the boot.img in the EngdroidQ rom with the one from the stock Slider rom using winrar without extracting anything so I guess there shouldn't be any problems. I'll edit this post later with my results. If it does work, will it get mentioned on the first post? I'll test drive it and report any bugs I find, and I'll provide a link to the rom if anything, if that's ok with amazinglarry of course :)

Edit1: It works flawlessly. Just had to replace the boot.img with the Slider one, and edited the build.prop a bit so the device is recognized as the Slider, and I also had to install GingerKernel with it to fix wifi.

If I had someone's permission, I'd like to share it. This rom is pretty godlike, for now :)

Edit2: How can I switch the baseband for one from the Slider? Is that even possible?

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
;) ... id wait for larrys permission to share it. But good work :).

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

I did send a message asking for permission, but larry hasn't been online for a while :/

Either way I still think some build.prop edits are needed, I'm not sure what to move over from the Engdroid build.prop onto the Slider build.prop. Other than that, I can't test out 3G since I have no service. Just wondering, should the Q baseband and all that stuff cause problems with 3G and MMS? The baseband version is the Q one.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

Aobrochta1989

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
from all the great reviews for this rom i fear i bricked my phone. I downloaded the file. Opened rom manager, flashed recovery, and then clicked create backup, wipe dalvik (??????) , and wipe data. My phone shut off and wont boot past the lg screen. Tried holding vol down,home, and power. but as soon as i plug in a charger, or if my batterys in the phone and i do the combo, here comes the infamous lg brick screen...... Any idea if its possible to force flash a rom. If my phone is bricked im willin to try anything. i cant damage it anymore. lol. If i need to give any more info or anything of the sort, ill be glad to. If i can access the info. Thankyou and any help would be greatly appreciated

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You bricked it. You cannot use rom manager to install a recovery on the optimus q. What you've done is destroyed the recovery partition of the phone. Sorry.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

axeman71

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running AreaRomQ v1.3 with A2SD. I like the rom, much better battery life than stock, snappier interface and looks good. I would like to give EngdroidQ a try but I am afraid to because of the A2SD. Am I in danger of bricking my phone if I try EngdroidQ?

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running AreaRomQ v1.3 with A2SD. I like the rom, much better battery life than stock, snappier interface and looks good. I would like to give EngdroidQ a try but I am afraid to because of the A2SD. Am I in danger of bricking my phone if I try EngdroidQ?

yeah i wanna know the same thing. i use A2SD also. i dont see why i would brick the phone i mean its only an app right??? like how could it mess up your phone. help please

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
K... a2sd is not an app. its an entire set of tweaks that at a kernel and rom level moves /data to an ext4 sd-ext partition. Switching between EngdroidQ and AreaRomQ v1.3 or v1.4 will not brick your phone. However, EngdroidQ makes use of link2sd over A2SD. So thats a key difference. They're a matter of opinion I personally prefer A2SD over Link2SD... but larry's a good friend of mine and he prefers Link2SD.

jfarrah

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This is great work on the rom, having trouble with FC on some user apps
weatherbug
otherwise great rom.
I was running arearom q 1.4 first flashed over it, then did a wipe and re flashed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang