Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Default Re: [ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

I replaced the boot.img in the EngdroidQ rom with the one from the stock Slider rom using winrar without extracting anything so I guess there shouldn't be any problems. I'll edit this post later with my results. If it does work, will it get mentioned on the first post? I'll test drive it and report any bugs I find, and I'll provide a link to the rom if anything, if that's ok with amazinglarry of course

Edit1: It works flawlessly. Just had to replace the boot.img with the Slider one, and edited the build.prop a bit so the device is recognized as the Slider, and I also had to install GingerKernel with it to fix wifi.

If I had someone's permission, I'd like to share it. This rom is pretty godlike, for now

Edit2: How can I switch the baseband for one from the Slider? Is that even possible?
    Last edited by LeoLawliet; 04-30-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

... id wait for larrys permission to share it. But good work .

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jcole20 View Post
    ... id wait for larrys permission to share it. But good work .

I did send a message asking for permission, but larry hasn't been online for a while :/

Either way I still think some build.prop edits are needed, I'm not sure what to move over from the Engdroid build.prop onto the Slider build.prop. Other than that, I can't test out 3G since I have no service. Just wondering, should the Q baseband and all that stuff cause problems with 3G and MMS? The baseband version is the Q one.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglarry View Post
    reserved.
    Help! Need LG Optimus Q stock ROM .KDZ

Thank you so much !

from all the great reviews for this rom i fear i bricked my phone. I downloaded the file. Opened rom manager, flashed recovery, and then clicked create backup, wipe dalvik (??????) , and wipe data. My phone shut off and wont boot past the lg screen. Tried holding vol down,home, and power. but as soon as i plug in a charger, or if my batterys in the phone and i do the combo, here comes the infamous lg brick screen...... Any idea if its possible to force flash a rom. If my phone is bricked im willin to try anything. i cant damage it anymore. lol. If i need to give any more info or anything of the sort, ill be glad to. If i can access the info. Thankyou and any help would be greatly appreciated

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

You bricked it. You cannot use rom manager to install a recovery on the optimus q. What you've done is destroyed the recovery partition of the phone. Sorry.

I am currently running AreaRomQ v1.3 with A2SD. I like the rom, much better battery life than stock, snappier interface and looks good. I would like to give EngdroidQ a try but I am afraid to because of the A2SD. Am I in danger of bricking my phone if I try EngdroidQ?

ROM
    AreaROMv2.0(2.1 soon)

Quote Originally Posted by axeman71 View Post
    I am currently running AreaRomQ v1.3 with A2SD. I like the rom, much better battery life than stock, snappier interface and looks good. I would like to give EngdroidQ a try but I am afraid to because of the A2SD. Am I in danger of bricking my phone if I try EngdroidQ?
    yeah i wanna know the same thing. i use A2SD also. i dont see why i would brick the phone i mean its only an app right??? like how could it mess up your phone. help please

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

K... a2sd is not an app. its an entire set of tweaks that at a kernel and rom level moves /data to an ext4 sd-ext partition. Switching between EngdroidQ and AreaRomQ v1.3 or v1.4 will not brick your phone. However, EngdroidQ makes use of link2sd over A2SD. So thats a key difference. They're a matter of opinion I personally prefer A2SD over Link2SD... but larry's a good friend of mine and he prefers Link2SD.

Thanks jcole20. Is there any special steps I would need to take to flash EngdroidQ?

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Put it on your sd-card. Wipe Cache and Dalvik. Wipe Data/Facctory Reset then flash it.

how do you install this

This is great work on the rom, having trouble with FC on some user apps
    weatherbug
    otherwise great rom.
    I was running arearom q 1.4 first flashed over it, then did a wipe and re flashed

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

This is still my favorite rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    This is still my favorite rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    Cool...

ibr

I like it, although I also decided to change the clock font. I fount it hard to read quickly. I was also wondering where you keep the shutdown "animation"

As much as I like marvin, I'd like to customize it a bit.

Whenever I plug my phone in to my computer via USB cable or even plug it in with the charger that came with my phone, my phone moves to the "LG" screen and begins this screen begins flashing. The phone shuts completely down. Is this normal?

ROM
    Stock

try a different cable

ROM
    VeganTAB, AreaRom

Try flashing the right kernel if you're on a slider that might be your problem.

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider (AreaROM 5.1)
    ibr

I really like this ROM although the battery life is not near as good as AndroidArea51's ROM. All in all, I think this ROM *looks* better, but I prefer #su, the App2sd program and battery life of AndroidArea51. If those guys would get a graphic designer to consult with them, they'd end up with an unbelievably functional yet great looking ROM.

For some reason, I cannot get it to install. Any ideas as to why?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

:/ I miss larry. Fyi, larry was a developer for androidarea51 and a good friend. A lot of his ideas were implemented into future releases of the rom. As far as the graphics side. V2.1 will be all new (and likely my last release). Sorry...

ROM
    EngDroid

Had an interesting thing happen today. Me and the wife are both running Engdroid on the Optimus Q. I got a text from some wierd number(my wife using somebody else phone) She had it shut off while working, and when it booted back up it was stuck on the droid boot animation. I texted back telling her to do a nandroid backup, then restore to the stock just until she got home.

I restored it back to the rom and it got stuck on the animation. Weird thing was it wasn't locked up. The animation was still going even though I left it for 5 minutes. A 'dirty' flash of the rom fixed it, but she has to reinstall a lot of apps. Has anybody else seen this strange phenomenon? I wonder if it had something to do with the using of Go Launcher. She had added some themes recently.

Opinions?

EDIT: Problem solved. Unknown to me(she apparently didn't think it was relevant) She had set Go Launcher to default and had decided to move it to the SD card. Since the sd card doesn't mount until a few moments after boot, it was constantly looking for the launcher that it would never find. Would think that if it couldn't find it within a few moments it would automatically go to the regular launcher, but what can ya do.
    Last edited by lowwang; 08-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Does this require the phone to be rooted?
    sylvaniaguy likes this.

Thumbs up Re: [ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

Just flashed this rom over the AreaRomQ 2.1 and I love it so far. I was wondering how or if i need to update this rom? Too bad those Arearom guys have bad taste in color cause i love that rom for the most part. Just faster to try this one vs doing a kitchen themed deal. How about the question above me do you need root for this LMFAO!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast